Before we get too much speculation, I thought I should post about this matter...

These are my inputs to my eventual decision to take immediate sanctions against CetinGT and Debo:

I'm not well up on the antagonism that's going on, or has gone on in the past here. But, CetinGT does seem to have a very short fuse and inadvisably hot temper. I'll bow to the decision of the consensus. I've cleaned the thread of the pointless to-and-fro, with a warning to both about a temporary ban. Maybe give them some time to digest that? Debo's not much less to blame as he "wouldn't let it lie" and his initial, veiled post set the whole thing off.

I take your points but, Debo also indulged in the escalating "pissing up the wall" contest, which resulted in a long drawn-out, unnecessary public display. Neither would lay off nor take it to PMs. That's my point. Just trying to be judicious and even-handed.

I've banned them both, temporarily - CetinGT for a month, subject to review. Debo for two weeks for his baiting and lack of self-control during the escalation, again subject to review.

To expand upon my thought processes here, I'm not given to knee-jerk reactions but, the seriousness of the matter pretty much required some immediate sanctions, for both. I'll review the matter, based upon further opinion and arguments for and against from the other mod.s.

N.B. This is not a subject open for public debate, as there are factors beyond general knowledge involved here.

Thanks for your support.