Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wireless router

Punto Lover

wireless router

right i been on my PS3 alot lately and playing on line, but where my bro and sis have wireless laptops my router cant keep up and keeps makeing my games fcuk up and lag? im after a package where it dose the house phone TV and internet and i want the internet to be the fastest that they have on the market? dose any one know any good deals at the moment...

Welsh Events Organiser
    Fastest on the market Virgin offer a 50meg package but thats a silly price, I have no problems on BT 8 meg, well its only shared with one PC and my ps3 is right next to the router but you should be ok

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Joif View Post
    Fastest on the market Virgin offer a 50meg package but thats a silly price, I have no problems on BT 8 meg, well its only shared with one PC and my ps3 is right next to the router but you should be ok
    i see that Virgin offer... 50meg package it was 24pound a month and you have to signe up for 11month's dose this sound good to you then

I'd go for that.

I pay £29 for their 20MB package at the moment. Had it for a few years though.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Welsh Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart GT View Post
    i see that Virgin offer... 50meg package it was 24pound a month and you have to signe up for 11month's dose this sound good to you then
    Is that all it is?! I thought it was alot more than that :s. Well its a cheap monthly rate for what it is and a short contract so i persume theres going to be some drawbacks, you got a link to the package your looking at?

50 meg £24 a month?! Go for it!!!!!!!!!!

Punto know it all
    do they personally install a 50meg capable cable from your house to the exchange? if not you will be paying for 50 meg and probably still only get 4/5 meg max.

I pay for the 10meg sky connection but only receive at about 3meg as that is all my line can take. works fine though and i have 3 pc's couple of laptops, xbox360 and ps3 all connected via wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by rixf666 View Post
    do they personally install a 50meg capable cable from your house to the exchange? if not you will be paying for 50 meg and probably still only get 4/5 meg max.

I pay for the 10meg sky connection but only receive at about 3meg as that is all my line can take. works fine though and i have 3 pc's couple of laptops, xbox360 and ps3 all connected via wireless.
    Virgin 50MB is fibre optic cable so it's only available in cabled areas. Yes it is a specific cable.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Joif View Post
    Is that all it is?! I thought it was alot more than that :s. Well its a cheap monthly rate for what it is and a short contract so i persume theres going to be some drawbacks, you got a link to the package your looking at?
    its on the othere laptop i saved it..i can find it on this one...ill put it up later

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy View Post
    Virgin 50MB is fibre optic cable so it's only available in cabled areas. Yes it is a specific cable.
    yeah thats the one i had to put mu post code in to see if i could get it... it said yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast