Thread: Transferring contacts

Punto Lover

Transferring contacts

What's the quickest way to copy all my contacts from my N95 to my HTC, have got over 300 contacts in it and can't be arsed doing it individually.

Cheers if you can help.

Punto know it all
    im sure you can copy it to a pc and then copy it over from the pc to the new one.
    my mate got a little usb memory stick thing that you can put the sim card into to do this.

Punto Lover
    Easiest way would be to synchronise your N95 contacts with Outlook using the Nokia data suite then synchronise them from Outlook to the HTC using the HTC software. Just make sure you choose to synchronise in the right directions or you could wipe them all.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Most phones have a "All contacts to sim" feature, just use that put it in the new phone then "all contacts to phone" Same process

Punto Lover
    Well after being told the nokia business cards can't be read on the HTC I just bluetoothed the lot and they worked! delete the thread unless you want to keep it for reference.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Joif View Post
    Most phones have a "All contacts to sim" feature, just use that put it in the new phone then "all contacts to phone" Same process
    AFAIK sim memory cannot support multi-number contacts not to mention email addresses and in some cases caller photos.

Also if you do sync with Outlook or any other supported mail client you have a backup should anything happen to your phone.