Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Punto sports insurance scheme with chris knott insurance

Welsh Events Organiser
    flux wanted £1500 to be fully comp, chris knott wanted little over £900, best price i had elsewhere was just short of £1k with an excess twice as high.

(not in a GT btw)

PSC Trader
    Hi

Tbh, we aren't going to give examples of quotes as every one differs, based on postcode, age, NCB, car group, etc.

Hopefully the positive feedback seen on this & other forums will show that it is worth a call or email!

Re the question asked by sicskate, previous car history is important when you wish to insure a performance car (to make sure you can drive it!), homeowners get discounts and cars in the family - we can provide vouchers if you insure second cars with us, or your home, etc.

Chris Knott Insurance – official forum insurance partner
    Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles)
    and QUOTE REF: 876-PUN
    Follow us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

Punto Lover
    (my example of my quote i got)
    i got a quote for next year when i will be still 19 1 ncb 5 points n a conviction, gt conversion everything declaired and its just over £1100 woopwoop! cant wait i will be going with these people!
    and it comes with all the extra like breakdown lol

Punto know it all
    what car did you drive before that that's classed as a performance car? i was told you need to have driven something of a similar performance before they'd insure you?

Punto Lover
    1.1 it had a gt engine put in, thats what they said so im not gona argue with it

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel_gt_5door View Post
    1.1 it had a gt engine put in, thats what they said so im not gona argue with it
    Tim can you clarify on that? i've been driving a sporting for 2 years (more powerful than the 55s of course) and when i rang i was told i needed driving experience on a similarly powered car, they didn't say on the phone whether the sporting was acceptable as 'similar' or not as i was ringing too far ahead to get a quote anyway, so was told to call back at a later time.

what sort of power would be deemed as similar to a GT?

Punto Lover
    when i did it i put everything back a year, so it would be the same for next year ie: born a year before i was, points put back a year, passed a year befor i did, if you see what i mean, so the dates work out the same for when i do my quote next year.
    they didnt ask when the conversion was done so they could presume iv driven it as a gt the previous year?

PSC Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Tim can you clarify on that? i've been driving a sporting for 2 years (more powerful than the 55s of course) and when i rang i was told i needed driving experience on a similarly powered car, they didn't say on the phone whether the sporting was acceptable as 'similar' or not as i was ringing too far ahead to get a quote anyway, so was told to call back at a later time.

what sort of power would be deemed as similar to a GT?
    Similar bhp in reality.

Follow us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

PSC Trader
    Hi

A tip off!!!

The 'word on the street' is that premiums are 'hardening' meaning that they are going up.

HOWEVER.................

I was in the office yesterday & the New Business Manager told me that due to the success of our insurance scheme this year, the set targets each month have been upped by 25% remarkably! This started on 1/10/09.

Even though we have had a good month already, on reckoning it could be that we are just under the set target so he told me that premiums will be even cheaper for people who have renewal dates from now until 31/10/09 just so that these targets can be met!!!

The difficulty is that from now until February, there aren't as many people insuring cars.

My thought is that, because of these quieter months, the premiums will continue to be cheaper for those who have renewal dates for now, November, December, January & early February.

All I'd say is it's worth a call ESPECIALLY if your renewal date is within these months.

(My long-term thought is that if the insurers show a decent profit due to increased business but at lower premiums, then this will continue throughout next year but that is only me surmising!).

Follow us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

Punto Lover
    ran yesterday for a quote on this 20t punto i`ve built see if you lot are as good as some say......... 21yr`s old , no problems with driving had license since 17 and came back as you cant help me

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast