I thought I'd write some events guides so people can find out what they are all about.

What is this Event?

Auto Italia is the worlds leading Italian car magazine. Several years ago they organised an event at Brooklands Museum dedicated to Italian vehicles of all ages. This was a sucess and soon became a twice yearly event with a show in the Spring/Summer and also in the Autumn.

What happens at the Event?

There are Italian Car Club displays from all marques and models from the original FIAT 500 right up to Lamborghini Diabolos and Ferrari F40's. Often there will be featured marques - in the Spring 2004 event it will be Alfa Romeo. Events such as the anniversary of particular models are also celebrated - 2004 see's 30 years of the Alfa Romeo Alfetta, and 10 years of both the FIAT Coupe and Punto.

There are a small amount of trade stands - including those selling books and models related to Italian Cars.

A regular feature of the event is the Hill Climb, where pre-1940 cars and motorcycles, and also invited star cars see how fast they can go up the Hill.

In addition, there is always the museum itself to look round with its vintage car displays and aircraft - from 2004 this will include a Concorde restoration project.

When does it start and end?

The Gates normally open at 9.30am and close at around 5pm.

Where is it?

Brooklands Museum is in Weybridge, Surrey. The exact address is:-

Brooklands Museum
Brooklands Road
Weybridge
Surrey KT13 0QN

Usually people meet up at the Tesco's car park 5 minutes away from the museum (marked on the map as Superstores) between 9 and 10am, before driving in a convoy altogether to Brooklands.

For more maps and route planning visit www.multimap.co.uk and enter the postcode above into the search.

How much does it cost to get in?

Entry to the 2004 Spring Italian Car Festival cost £9 per person.

Where can I go for more information

www.brooklandsmuseum.com - the official website of Brooklands Museum

www.auto-italia.co.uk - the website of Auto Italia Magazine