View Poll Results: Should general chit chat be seperate from the Project threads?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it like it is now. Makes the projects easier to follow.

12 27.91%
  • No, I prefer it how it was before and I don't like change.

31 72.09%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Project Chat'

You can still discuss it. It just means all the chit chat is separate.

God you lot don't like change do you, well just like facebook you'll have to get used to it.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Welsh Events Organiser
    I just dont like the fact that i either need 2 windows open to keep up with the progress and the chat, or memorise the progress and then read the chat, and then need to keep flicking back and fore
    Makes a much better read to have the progress, comments, then more progress etc etc. IMO of course.

Midland Events Organiser
    If i want to chat about my old project, do i need to start a new thread? Or can all my chat from the thread be moved like the threads that are already in the project chat section?

well thats the project section fu*ked then, no one will bother to read a project then go on the hunt for its mirror thread to post in it, you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGt031087
    I just dont like the fact that i either need 2 windows open to keep up with the progress and the chat, or memorise the progress and then read the chat, and then need to keep flicking back and fore
    Makes a much better read to have the progress, comments, then more progress etc etc. IMO of course.
    But then people have to sift through pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat, to look at a couple of pics, followed by pages and pages of chat.

Get my drift?

Quote Originally Posted by GTBen
    If i want to chat about my old project, do i need to start a new thread? Or can all my chat from the thread be moved like the threads that are already in the project chat section?
    If you have a thread and you want all the chat removing from, PM a moderator and ask them to move it. There's no point us going through all the threads splitting all the chat out when half the projects don't go updated.

Poll added.

Southern Events Organiser danmotty's Avatar
    its only difficult to follow now because the chat has literally been pulled from the project thread so it seems like people are talking to themselves. for all new projects and future posts about projects all Q and A's will be in the same thread leaving the project thread for updates and any advise queries to the chat one. give it a few weeks and it will make more sense as it will no longer be seperated.

Punto Sports Club Member John_c's Avatar
    i dont think its due to people not liking change! its because now you have to go to one thread, then go back and read again.

i noticed the section the other night i was so confused as to what those threads were about!

it will be confusing for the newbs aswell imo
    Zetec kicking in y0!

why not have a 'pictures chat' section then?
    i just think that, a) people arnt going to bother asking questions and b) the ones that do, wont get answers because the project starter wont regualy check the chat section. and its not a case of not likeing change (and yes the new facebook isnt as good as the old one!), i think the changes made to the Classifieds section have really improved it. I just dont think this change was needed. when buying a pint you dont ask for it in two half glasses do you. why have to sections for somthing that worked well in one in the first place. imo of course

The pictures section is different. People start one thread for new pics and don't add extra pictures days, weeks or months later when something changes, they just post a new thread.

Please, give it a go for 2 weeks or so and dependant on the poll, I'll change it back or not.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast