Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Punto 55sx

My Punto 55sx

Ok i thought it was about time i started my very own project page!!!!!!

Heres my car when i got it...

First thing i did was remove all the badges.....

But after not being able to find the right paint, i decided to cop out and just get some new unfaded badges (apart from the 'punto' one as i'm currently thinking of getting a mk2 badge for that)

Then i got some clear side repeators! fitted a new aerial as mine was missing!!! and changed a gaskit or two!

Next job color coded bumpers!

However as you see the person who had the bumpers before me has had a go at modding the front bumper IMO making it look rather ****! but as im having trouble sourcing a standard midnight blue bumper, im going to have to live with it for the time being as brought some black mesh in an attempt to make it look a bit nicer.

Next i got a set of 15" street octaine wheels from here....

Still have a lot to do, have brought some replacement front brakes, and am going to buy some rear drums and shoes to make the car look a bit better.

also i have a pretty nasty scratch on my windscreen from where the previous owner has obviously let the wipers scrape along!!!

so any help, advice and suggestions (other than 'scrap the bloody thing' will be greatly apprecited!!

Cheers
    Kirk.
    Last edited by distortedmemories; 30th June 2008 at 08:54.

also i know this should really be in the project section! but i posted there about 2days ago and it still has yet to appear.... sorry!

Update: Just brought some rear drums and shoes, and also a set of bonnet lifters as i lost the latch thinggy!

Punto Lover
    Looks like a good we project.

Southern Events Organiser danmotty's Avatar
    thats alot of rust, id be tempted to get rid tbh, your going in the right direction but on the wrong shell i think.

i dont understand y front bumpers are done like that. look cheap. adiboy has done it properly and rebuilt the depth of the mouth too.

keep it up though chap

Punto Sports Club Member John_c's Avatar
    Agree about the bumper, not to my liking as it just looks un-neat. not too keen on the wheels either tbh..

also brake shoes are unseen so wont make it look better, and why did the drums need replacing?

I think you are heading in the right direction though and good luck with the project fella!
    Zetec kicking in y0!

Ha. i know the shoes can't be seen! i'm only replacing the drums as the old ones are rusty and look a bit crap as you can see them through the wheels now...

As for the rust most pretty much all of it is only on the right hand rear door! so if worse comes to worse i'll get a door from somewhere.
    Last edited by distortedmemories; 20th July 2008 at 12:26.

Southern Events Organiser danmotty's Avatar
    really worth considering a new shell i think. if there is rust as bad as that where paint WAS it is more than likely worse in other plces that will cost a fortune getting welded up/replaced.

but if its just a wee project to take a bit of time and your not spending a fortune making it show qualtiy, go for it.

i guess you know what everyone here likes,, cc'd bumpers, standard skirts, debadged, GT3 wheels and lowered40-60mm lol.

Yeah true, i guess if someone had a decent rolling chassis they were getting rid of, i would be tempted to do that! i remember seeing a lovely burnt orange one on here for like £200!

New stuff arrived!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast