Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest, Project, Breaking, Finished

Punto know it all

Gauging Interest, Project, Breaking, Finished

Right some of you will remember my black gt3 and others wont, anyway im debating what to do with it as its been sat around in the garage for years and ive only drove it a hand full of times since then, as ive got and had other cars over this time.

Really I’d like to finish the car and sell it but I just don’t have the time and cant justify spending more money on it just to sell up when I could be putting that money towards something else.

Seems a shame to break the car after the effort ive put into it, but its prob worth more in doing so.

Ideally I’d like to see it finished off and looked after and taken care of like its ment to be by someone.

Anyway spec as follows

Mileage just turned 97k BUT! full service history, stamped service book, original PDI report, invoice's for work carried out, bits bought etc.

Rebuilt and run in around 3k miles ago, new pistons etc from lc motors fiat invoice to prove, timing done, all belts changed, gearbox mount, handbrake cables, water/coolant temp sensor, service check etc.

Turbo, various new studs, various gaskets, thermostat, oil feed washers, oil filter, oil, etc fitted over the past year, done about 20 miles since.

Rear radius arms have had there bushes replaced on both sides about 1 mile ago.

HPI Clear.

2x blue key 1x red key, always warmed up and cooled down, covered 4 k miles since Oct 2004.

Standard GT3 spec + the following.

Most of the modifications were carried out in 2004.

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes
    16" OZ Chrono Evos (195/45 BF Goodrich tyres)
    Spax 28 way adjustable suspension 45mm
    Winner Power Pro 6 Pot brakes upfront were £1200 (have the bill to prove it!) with Tar ox Japan sport vented and grooved discs front and back

Engine
    Power On The Road Seb 2 EPROM
    Air Filter
    3 Way bleed @ 15psi
    Long life custom made exhaust cat back with centre box & letter box centre exit £300
    Prima Racing Dump valve
    FMIC (removed and sold)

Bodywork
    Smoothed tailgate de-locked & de-wipered with spoiler (welded plate)
    Type k rear bumper with smoothed bump strip, exhaust cut out & towing eye
    Front bumper with smoothed bumpstirp, number plate recess smoothed out, cut out slats and msd/type k splitter (the original bumper before everyone started doing it)
    Abarth side skirts (smoothed badge recess)
    Side bump strips removed
    Clear side repeaters
    Tinted windows
    Lockwood sill plates
    Under car red led lighting with adjustable settings (gay I know was already on there)

Extras (I have that maybe included)
    Nomad twin pillar pod in dark gt3 grey
    Standard Air box
    Pipercross up rated element for standard air box
    Abrath Mats still on hanger unused
    Bonalume short shift (genuine) on shortened gear stick.
    Light eye brows
    Carbon Fibre centre console panel

Prob missed a few things...

Does have a few little marks and little car park dents, stone chips to the bonnet but is to be expected with a used car, obv doesn't have any tax or mot and have been sorn since the end of 2005 only times its been drove since has been on trade plates.

Things I know that need/could do with doing and to finish it off and make it mint.

Two tyres, Front bumper painting, bonnet smoothing & painting, cam reshimming, maybe petrol tank (as these are know to leak, can supply plastic one), front discs and poss the rear's, under sealed (have some waiting), a good detail.

The car has a slight misfire atm, didn't appear to have one when I finished putting it back together, but recently it has, quickly tried a coil pack, leads and a few other things but it was still the same, so waiting on new plugs and to fit them along with a new fuel filter, vac pipes etc to see if any of these will cure it.

Pictures

Engine

Some of the main bits fitted over the years (plenty more trust me)

Car itself

Wheel & brake setup

Lastly welcome to comments about the car, how much people think it could be worth in each scenario, what the parts could fetch on there own.

Offers on the car as a whole unfinished (possibly finished).

Might consider breaking (purely for the money side of it) but really don’t want to, unless I can shift most the main parts first, quickly and can make enough money.

Regards.

Punto Lover
    firstly mate the car is very very nice! would be shame to see it broken, how much realisticaly would you want for the car tho?

If you did break it i would have a few bits off you!!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmat
    firstly mate the car is very very nice! would be shame to see it broken, how much realisticaly would you want for the car tho?

If you did break it i would have a few bits off you!!
    Thanks for the comment, it would be a real shame wouldn't it.

Well ive spent far to much to put a price on it in my eyes but obv nothing stupid like £1000 as i could make plenty more in bits.

What bits would you be intrested in, could always buy it take what you wanted off refit standard parts and sell it on

Punto Lover
    I think the problem is you wil always make a hell of alot more money on it if you broke it mate, i might be temped to take it off your hands. PM what sort of price you would take as you must have some kind of idea on what you would like for it.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    lovely example of black GT fella, them wheels look the tits imo, always liked the oz chrono's but never thought about them on a GT

Punto know it all
    as said, that really is a stunning car! would be a shame to see it broke but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Punto know it all
    Wanna sell me the d/v for a fiver Goldie??

Punto know it all
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Punto Lover
    wheel's are mine if you break

car looks really nice mate

Midland Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie Punto
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    Dont you dare break it!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast