Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newly acquired Mk1 Sporting

Punto know it all

Newly acquired Mk1 Sporting

Just thought i would post up a picture of the newly acquired Sporting i went to pick up for my girlfriend last tuesday. Nothing special, bog standard.

You may or may not have seen it listed on eBay! Sorry the pictures crap but as you can see its wetter than a mermaids muff out there

Punto know it all
    looks very nice! any plans?

Punto Lover
    Mermaids muff Lol

Looks nice

Punto know it all
    No plans as such just yet, its her first car shes got her test this friday coming, chances are it'll get crashed sometime, everyone hits something in their first car no matter how much you try to convince yourself and others you won't

Its not a minter by any means but it wasnt a great deal of money. Mainly i've just being tidying up loose ends on it. For example the kid i bought it off was a mechanic and bought it with the clutch gone as a money maker - and he didn't tighten the gear linkage properly. Spotted it when i was under the bonnet at the weekend luckily!!

Might lower it a bit and put some nice wheels on it in time to come! We'll have to see

Punto Enthusiast
    nice looking car as standard imo - mk1s getting quite rare in that form.

nice as a first car - pretty good drive for the £££. hope the girlfriend doesn't bump it too badly.

oh and be careful where its parked, they are well known for picking up "supermarket dings" down the flanks...if it isn't marked already.

Punto know it all
    it has got a couple of dings in it unfortunately, if it were me i probably would of held out and found something a little tidier being as fussy as i am, but then as she said she will probably end up putting more in it anyway....and if she doesnt there should really be a lot of money to lose on it.

Its a solid car though, all the service stamps in the book, just had a clutch kit in it, new tyres, brakes done recently etc etc, its ideal really.

Its got some 6x9's cobbled in the rear interior panels, they look shocking, they sound shite, if i find some panels for not too much money i'll probably take them out!!

Punto Lover
    Nice little first car is that, and if didnt cost to many pennies its not the end of the world if it does get bumped or knocked about.

Punto Enthusiast
    you no tha price i told u i bought it 4......
    well i paid for it cheaper.....cnt tell u wat i paid for it
    they were my panels out my car i swapped em over..... i no **** sound and rattles thats y i done it
    not sure bout the linkages tho
    never mind u had bargin
    then i had a bargin

Punto know it all
    well as a little word of advice seeing as you're a fully qualified technician, or so you say - next time make sure you do the linkage up properly, if the nut had of undone about a turn more gears wouldnt of been selectable - found it loose about 2 days after having the car back and seeing as its a locking nut on there, theres no chance that came undone by itself.

Whats the point in telling me now you lied about how much you paid for it?!

And as another little word of advice - the speakers sound shite cos you had them wired out of phase, ive played around with them now and with them all phased correctly they sound AMAZING. Speakers have + and - on the connections for a reason!!

Punto Enthusiast
    lol well nvr mind like i maid the most off u than i have on any others so thanx within a hour an half so i dont care the cars gone as if it was my car the checks would be done properly to be honest
    also for som who thinks there so good u didnt no where the air filter was you couldnt tell if it had abs on the car even with you stood under the car on a ramp with tourch
    also with the speakers i couldnt give a **** how i wired them up u didnt have a sytem to try it lol so have fun with the rattle in the panels as they look shite in there
    obvious u didnt look my own install in the boot my car so think i no how to wire it up
    enough of the bitching enjoy the car.....lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast