Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other bikers?

You wouldnt be able to restrict any GSX-R enough to dip below 33hp... You'll be stuck with a Mito, RS125 or any of the newer crop of single cylinder 4strokes :S

My Oldman was knocked off when he was 18 and spent close to 2years in hospital, hence my parents reluctanct to let me ride!

Must admit Dan, wild Bill and my mum aren't best pleased about my ideas. Neither's my missus for that matter!! I only want to start on something small though, being the sensible chap I am.. and I've not gone power crazy with this new GT, so hopefully I can prove to them that I've calmed down over the last few years

I keep promising myself a Ferrari before I'm 40, but it might have to be a Ducati instead!!
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    I think your aspirations are greater than your abilty going from a 50 to a 600cc sports/superbike is a bold move. Also due to your age you'll only learn on a 125cc getting a restricted bike is pointless imo. I would wait until your 21.

I have a ZX6-R and it took some getting used to and ive ridden bikes from an early age.
    XploitGT

Punto know it all
    you'd think being knocked off and ending up in hospital would put you off, but i love bikes. It is possible to restrict a GSXR, which i would definitely do, 50cc to unrestricted 600 isn't exactly the best idea! but i'm gonna book my first bike lesson today anyway. So i'll see see how that goes

Punto Lover
    im a biker and i love motogp, wsb and bsb.....soooo much better than boring F1!

im in the process of doing my bike up at the mo, ill get some pics up soon.

Punto know it all
    Rain or shine I ride the 'Cat to work. The Punto comes out about every 2 weeks. It's either in your blood or not, either way jumping from 5bhp to 100bhp on 2wheels is a daring task. 12months later my 600 can still surprise me with the amount of power it can quickly grace my underwear with a shade of brown.
    October is the deadline for the stricter test.

I'm a biker, have been since 1981 !! Ok I'm old, my insurance cost me 77 quid a year fully comp for a VT750..

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by cpunto
    jumping from 5bhp to 100bhp on 2wheels is a daring task.
    Gotta ride mine restricted to 33 bhp, so not quite 100! still a hell of a lot quicker, but im hoping not too much to handle

Fancy one of these myself...

Can pick them up for ~£5k now.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    if you'd like to donate one to me you're more than welcome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast