Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some Nitrous action

dont mean to be annoying, jut syaing there more to be had with that set up thats all

Its not like ife got a 'half power' button switched on lol.

I dont know whats up with this setup, fair enough the turbos not massive and laggy, the turbo has spooled up and hitting 22+psi before its even safe to trigger the 2stage nitrous so its very difficult to show what difference it makes.

Last dyno run was a joke...

Before that it made 175hp at 19psi, since then runs more boost and has had a few added bits, like elbow, full lagging, better breathing mods... so id hope for more naturally.

Im not going to a bigger turbo yet, theres plenty of puff left int his one its the engine that needs the work, however im skinted at the minute.

welcome to my world of frustraion and skintness, reaplaced my turbo and now the engines knackered, luckily i can take it out and fit it myself and i know people in the trade, but still, costs a fortune. you put u put a new elbow, is that in regards to the turbo exhaust elbow?

Midland Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by puntogtkid
    sorry to kill the mood, but i run NOS and pretty much a full seb4.11 set up and my engine is clapped out and mine did o-100 in 15 seconds, 3 people up and WITHOUT the nos! and wasnt really on a straight either, not impressed, clocks looked great though, want em! Lol!

18 seconds :S surely theres a lot more to be had?? im running pretty much a full seb 4.1 set up, and i did a 0-100 yesterday and got 16 seconds 3 people up and with my engine running like **** as i tihnk my piston rings or my valve stems are shagged, so engine out tomorrow, but i defiantly believe a lot more to be had there, still sounds awsome and them clocks dont half look the part, want em :P
    where was this timed?

on a private road.....

my mate got the video on his fone i think, ill look wen he gets bk from work and post it not very clear thoguh.
    Last edited by puntogtkid; 8th December 2007 at 13:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned Trader
    this forum makes me laugh. full of ****.

it wasnt a proper racing start and it was in the rain! like 10 cm puddles everywhere.

You cand definitely tell the difference with and without NOS. It seems to be a tad hit and miss with its ferocity but i reckon thats just because its hard to keep a constant bottle pressure without a warmer.

there is a definite kick when the NOS is fed in... although it is on a progressive controller. I think its money well spent. Goes like **** off a shovel with the NOS. just seems to pull and pull and i think the NOS helps the top end of the rev range too.

BRAPPPPP

dont get me wrong im capable, never paid anyone i can do myself, only ever paid for some welding.

Yes it was an enlarged elbow made from stainless steel.
    Heres the elbow http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ght=evil+elbow

Doesnt cost me a fortune tbh, but if i want to build a fancy bottom end it will cost a fair wedge.

If only id been on the ball and not gone the wrong way i think it would of comfortable destroyed that ST eh Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Stavros
    brap
    What does this mean?

Midland Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by puntogtkid
    on a private road.....

my mate got the video on his fone i think, ill look wen he gets bk from work and post it not very clear thoguh.
    nice and accurate then..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast