Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheel arch rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans
    Steves got a boat

Punto arch rolling was quite common in bygone days when everyone wanted 17s.

I thought the market died out really for it.

I ran spacers on the front of mine on the ledas it only really hit the inside of the arch liner. Not the arch itself.

And to be honest, lowering more than 40mm really aggravates the drive shaft and the antiroll bar is in contact with the arms. It just makes everything wear out that much faster.
    the thing is - people wanting 17 & 18" rims arent after power they want the look, that will never die out

i do it here allready, but by panel beating before fitting the arches, this wont require such 'aggressive' actions

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    Mines 40mm, i can get full lock but thats without anyone in the car and not any lean on the suspension or anything.
    i take it thats lowered 40mm not 40mm required flaring!!

Yeah its not looking like such a biggy, but i want matching studs and nuts in the rear hubs too but the the rear tyres are already looking like they wall tap the rears.
    sound like you will want the inner lip rolled up and the arch out about 4 - 6 mm
    Last edited by Body Stylist; 6th August 2007 at 18:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OOps yeah.

I have 16inch Alfa wheels on it now, and have 205 tyes on.... Ill let you know once im bounding round the countries...

Punto Lover
    OOps yeah.

I have 16inch Alfa wheels on it now, and have 205 tyes on.... Ill let you know once im bounding round the countries...
    dan, try some 195/45 Falkens, thats what ive got and the only problem i have is i cant carry people in the back, (sod practicality)
    might be an idea

gtgt
    OOps yeah.

You have ground the arches have u dan will foul if not.. Also may meed spacers like I do.. There are some bolts that run close to tyre and will foul the plastic arch flaps most likely.. Front is ok though slight rubbage only on full lock on mine.. I though you were staying on a 195 and 205 you recon would not make such a difference... ull see

Will make car slower but better on grip..
    Last edited by gtgt; 6th August 2007 at 23:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where have i said that? Dont mince my words Chap

Tbh i couldnt give a damn what width the tyres are, im to busy making the most of whats there and giving it death then thinking "damn my right offside shocker could do with been a smiiiidge softer" etc etc etc etc amd all that shitting etc.

I said i dont know yet, the alfa wheels have some rediculous offset which is why they may foul the archs abit.

I had 2-5s on 17inch wheels on my black punto lowered 40-45mm and it never rubbed or fouled the archs...

Anyway, if i need it doing i may come up Tony, depends on the cost as my car averages 24mpg so no point saving money to spend it on fuel.

Let me know.

gtgt
    I don't think it will be the offset so much. A 205mm wide Tyre is still a 205mm width tyre no matter what off set the wheel is.. Just the pure width of Tye's will foul I recon like it did on mine.. Mines on the 205 on 6.5 rim and I had to grind off around 8mm of my arch lips and as you know mines not low. Worked out OK though pleased with outcome and worth the few hours it took..

Punto know it all
    The right offset does make a big difference........

Your basically saying you cant fit 205s into the arch without work? Thats wrong as i too had 17"s with 205/40 tyres on and thats was lowered 60mm with absolutley no rubbing even with 3 people totaling over 50 stone in the back and me and the front passenger over bumps and full lock.

gtgt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey89
    The right offset does make a big difference........

Your basically saying you cant fit 205s into the arch without work? Thats wrong as i too had 17"s with 205/40 tyres on and thats was lowered 60mm with absolutley no rubbing even with 3 people totaling over 50 stone in the back and me and the front passenger over bumps and full lock.
    I know my 205 Tye's hit both the outside arch and currently scrapes the inside plastic flaps, I need some spacers.. I had to make a 205 fit on my car and took many hours.. It was sheer width that was the problem.. i will post pics 2morrow

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    what about my arches tony.? what would happen to those?

fag lighter and melt them away

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast