Thread: Ebay GT Donor Car...

Punto Enthusiast

Ebay GT Donor Car...

...anybody buy it from here? Was looking and thinking, auction withdrawn within a day!

Was this one, 300111368035

Having spent the morning searching on here, what do people estimate a Sporting-to-GT3 full conversion to cost, including fitting. And I mean brakes, engine, trims, interior etc.

After posting on the mileage thread, (over 130k) and with a dodgy gearbox it really is time to refresh my car and drop that bigger lump in.

PS, any takers????

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Mine was £850 for all gear then £550(IIRC) for labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat
    Mine was £850 for all gear then £550(IIRC) for labour.
    £850 was just for the standard running gear, i then spent extra on suspension, dump valve, seb chip, exhaust, on and on and on.................
    Last edited by Cat; 15th May 2007 at 14:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It all depends where the engine comes from and who install it. You can pick up a decent GT engine for £350, and then get someone like GTDean to fit it for you.

Would be easier to buy a whole car and convert, but not as easy as selling up and buying a GT.
    Punto Gt no more!

warrenwiseman
    i was thinkin about doin this 2 my 75sx but i duna wetha it would be to much hassle

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenwiseman
    i was thinkin about doin this 2 my 75sx but i duna wetha it would be to much hassle
    Seriously, unless you have spent a fortune on mods, or like me, it is a cabriolet, i really wouldnt bother. Buy a GT and the insurance will be less on a GT than a converted GT.

Punto Enthusiast
    my only justification is that i have had the car from new, therefore i know the mechanical history of the undersides etc - albeit, those under the bonnet would change by virtue of a conversion!

but, seriously, i'd also spent on the original abarth kit all round and have looked after both the body condition (dent free) and the paintwork condition (garaged and polished);

my thinking is that £1500 ish (generous) for parts and labour to a conversion is cheaper than finding a GT3 minter......even selling the Sporting would only attract £600-£900 given the mileage.

so, if anyone knows of a written off GT3 low miler, let me know! good price paid for right car / components.

Punto Lover
    im currently half way through doin it. ive stripped the donor car and has been scrapped, try and buy one with everything on it such as lowered suspension and a uprated exhaust etc. then all depends on if your gonna do it yourself it will save you loads of money and if you want to have things sprayed like i have. ive had the rear beam sprayed and the hubs etc so they look nice and clean then, also had the car undersealed. you can get them for around bout £850- £1000 with running engine and a few extras. took me bout 6months to find the right one.

all worth it in the end though