Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: racing cars is boring.. my new trick ..

Mediapixel Ltd
    its happened a few times.. must be down to the rider and his confidence.

we are not on a track here and specs go out the window really... this is a real life situation. on the road with two normal people.. not expert drivers..

and today twice i had a dabble with some bikes who were 100 % going for it, yes i know about the facts and figures.. but the fact is today the bike riders were very impressed with the GT regardless of the fact they passed me or not, its just good to get some respect from bike riders thats all im getting at ! im not saying my car is a bike killing machine !

thank you

Punto know it all
    Nearly Any derestricted bike would kill you, most would do so without even trying.

End of.

Mediapixel Ltd
    yeah i thought so too .. it goes without saying.. but what im trying to do is big up bike riders. end of

Punto Lover
    as stated most bikes will destroy a car in terms of performance.

i loved my gt, it was a quick car and surprised alot of other car drivers on the road.

it was getting to the point where i wanted more power, to get the thrills i wanted from a car would of cost me money i didnt have.

for the money, a motorbike cant be beaten for performance.

when i went to car/punto meets where we all had a good natter about the cars and checked out each others mods, the biking community is very similar, except it doesnt matter which make and model of bike you have.

i used to love going out for a drive in my car to give it a good rag and meeting up with like minded people.
    Owning and riding a bike is purely what that is all about.

Regardless of confidence... you cannot argue with physics. In any gear, a bike above 400cc will pull away from you. When my dad rode a ZZR1100, he only needed to crack the throttle open and 911's were going backwards.

Sports bikes will be doing well over 100mph before your car even reaches 60

The fact the guys were tucked under the bubble means next to nothing really. My best mate had a Caterham R300 (it's called a 300, as it has 300hp/tonne), and in the summer of this year, when he still had it, he came across a Ducati 996 who was cruising along at 60ish in top cog... he pulled up alongside the Ducati, whose rider ushered him to "go on", and my mate wouldn't - why? Because he knew it was a no-contest, and rightly so!! A few seconds later, the rider cracked open the throttle whilst sat up, and off he went... 6th cog! There'd have been nothing my mate could've done to stop him getting away, even if he was in the right gear....

Here endeth my story.

Now stop spouting s**t about racing bikes.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Mediapixel Ltd
    i was guna agree and stop arguing utill you said your last line ! what shall i do, ask the bloody biker to sign up and tell you the story lol ill try remember that one next time

Punto Enthusiast
    my m8s sv 650 leaves me no trouble a rs125 does 0 to 60 in 7sec theres no way a gt is goin 2 beat a bike unless he cant ride

Punto Lover
    OMG a thread like this always turns so pathetic. a race is all down to the driver, wether conditions, who had the best start and the best gear changes, so grow up and figure it out debo. ur stuck in stats and figure land which mean nothing in real life. by the book it says a punto only does 125mph. most do WELL over that in standard form!!!!!!

Who are you? Newbie

You could fluff every gear change on a Suzi GSX-R and still piss all over a sports car... nevermind a shopping trolley with a turbo strapped to it
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Sports Club Member webber77's Avatar
    Talk about tell it like it is lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast