Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 200sx peeps please look

Punto Lover
    get an S13 and dump the SR20 in it

a 200sx is gonna be my next car i think, would love an S15 tho

Tom20v
    Good plan that. I just find the S13's too old and rusty now. The newest you can get is a m plate and for me thats just too old.

Punto Lover
    im quite used to driven rwd cars i drive my dad skyline gts with 400bh at the wheels so i get used to the backend wanna to come out whats the petrol like on these do they drink it

Tom20v
    Tbh i doubt you are that "used" to it if its yuor dads car. Unless you drive it all the time in the wet anyways.

Theyre not actually that bad on the petrol imo. Mine is 290bhp and i can get high 20's mpg.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom20v
    I pay £1006 @ 21.

As said above, go careful if you do get one. It ends in tears for most young sx drivers
    wise words mate

Quote Originally Posted by mikey_mike
    im quite used to driven rwd cars i drive my dad skyline gts with 400bh at the wheels so i get used to the backend wanna to come out whats the petrol like on these do they drink it
    mine has minial mods (exhaust, decat, filter running 0.9bar of boost) i can get 36mpg on a run with mixed driving.
    Last edited by punto855; 20th November 2006 at 17:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Punto Lover
    i was paying about 1700 tptt on my S13. At 18. That was with elephant

Punto Lover
    ive read reviews on the s14 and some one said they average 25 mpg thats the only thing putting me off

Punto Lover
    1 Years no claims, age 21, mods declaired = £960

Thats fully comp, using for social, domestic and pleasure, plus for work and 8k miles a year.

If I were you, would get something like a GT or a smaller turbo'd car to get used to a turbo for every day. I'm glad I did as I would have wrapped my SX round a tree by now

ive read reviews on the s14 and some one said they average 25 mpg thats the only thing putting me off
    If your after good MPG don't buy one. Around town mine was doing around 20mpg which is about average. On a run will do 30ish. Thats on a 40k engine with a few mods. Seems better on fuel now it's running 270bhp tho :S
    Last edited by saltyhair81; 20th November 2006 at 22:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyhair81
    If I were you, would get something like a GT or a smaller turbo'd car to get used to a turbo for every day. I'm glad I did as I would have wrapped my SX round a tree by now
    i had owned mine a total of one week before almost writing mine off, it was very slightly damp and i did a 180 degree spin in a high street doing <20mph and managed (god knows how) to stop with a few inches of a shop front and bus stop.

as i mentioned earlier seriously wait for warmer weather if you decide to get one

any performance car will give crap returns on fuel
    Last edited by punto855; 20th November 2006 at 22:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by punto855
    i had owned mine a total of one week before almost writing mine off, it was very slightly damp and i did a 180 degree spin in a high street doing <20mph and managed (god knows how) to stop with a few inches of a shop front and bus stop.

as i mentioned earlier seriously wait for warmer weather if you decide to get one
    When I had mine bog standard, was driving to work at 5.30am and there were 2 buses in the bus lane. Roads were a tad wet where it had a light shower in the morning. I pulled into the normal lane to go past at about 35mph and the back end started to slide. Corrected it but was **** scary!

As said wait until next summer, everyone with a 200sx has recommended it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast