Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Punto W.I.P pics

Quote Originally Posted by coppen06009
    yes this is my everyday car lol, y u ask tht
    well thnks for the advice but im lovin tht smooth look, and the body shop has done everything so tht it wont crack so easy its not jus filler and its lucky i hav an agreement wit the owner for free repairs as well
    thanks for the comments so far keep them coming

hmm, i beg to differ, that is P40 filler, thats it, i wouldnt give it a 2 weeks of normal driving with out it cracking

i wont do it to any car, but even if the customer signed a contract stating we where not responsible for any cracks, i still wouldnt be doing like they have

i can advise how to do it, but i guess they are happy in their knowledge

and im only trying to save you money and hassle in the long run, im not having a 'pop' at you

Banned Trader
    its going to look really mint tho mate so keep posting up progress pics

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Nice wheels.
    What colour are you going for?

mezzer75sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Body Stylist
    hmm, i beg to differ, that is P40 filler, thats it, i wouldnt give it a 2 weeks of normal driving with out it cracking

i wont do it to any car, but even if the customer signed a contract stating we where not responsible for any cracks, i still wouldnt be doing like they have

i can advise how to do it, but i guess they are happy in their knowledge

and im only trying to save you money and hassle in the long run, im not having a 'pop' at you

a little while ago someone was telling me of a filler that has a slight rubber to it so it will not crack as easyly as normal P40 is this true and could it be what thay are useing

PuntoGirl
    Looks good mate... can't wait to see the final look of it.

PSC Pisshead
    that will crack lol like toni said there not reli a way around it, it will look good tho ( good 4 a few weeks so take some pics as soon as its done lol )

and btw that rubber filling compound is an extra u add to normal filler and its ****

vtec_will
    Loking good, liking the front but not a fan of the bonnet. Sure it'll all look good when finished, though id have to agree about the crrraaaaaaaaackability factor.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzer75sx
    a little while ago someone was telling me of a filler that has a slight rubber to it so it will not crack as easyly as normal P40 is this true and could it be what thay are useing
    yes, its composite paste, but no, they arent using it, its black or white!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mk1m1ke
    that will crack lol like toni said there not reli a way around it, it will look good tho ( good 4 a few weeks so take some pics as soon as its done lol )

and btw that rubber filling compound is an extra u add to normal filler and its ****
    no its not, that stuff is really bad, the composite paste has carbon fibre strands in it, but even then i wouldnt use it to join a bumper to a wing....
    Last edited by Body Stylist; 27th September 2006 at 12:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    LOL, you should use liquid metal, thats what my bumper is joined to the wing with.

Punto Lover
    what happends when u have to change the head light if it got cracked or somthing what would u do about that becuase dnt u have to remove the front bumper to get the lights out

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast