Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1997 GT for £1300!!!

Punto know it all
    it aint that cheap for what needs doing get it for under a grand if you can just my opinion

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendy

Guy siad there was also all new rings got for the car.. I think from fiat
    do you mean have been fitted or with the car?

Punto Lover
    kool

will play it by ear had my eye on the car awhile now like.. tho kind of coming to the money where i am intersted.. car has covered 78k miles.

Gearbox Abuser
    how bout buy it and break it for parts. while the engines out, rebuild and sell as a GT conversion kit with rebuilt engine?

could make more back from that.

Punto Lover
    good point greg tho I live in N.I nightmare shipping bigger parts to the motherland..

My plan was buy it fit a piston (hopefully thats all) and drive it till spring.. lol

Would be nice to sit behind the wheel of a GT again lol

Punto know it all
    good point greg tho I live in N.I nightmare shipping bigger parts to the motherland..

My plan was buy it fit a piston (hopefully thats all) and drive it till spring.. lol

Would be nice to sit behind the wheel of a GT again lol
    whats wrong with your gt?

Punto Lover
    as the heads off mate you may aswell go for it as it will a lot easier to change the pistons, i'm doing this now too.

try and get it a bit cheaper though

joey_turbo
    Offer the guy 600quid. TBH, only people that will take the time to sort it out, like yourself, will bother to buy it. No way will he be selling it to any Joe Bloggs. I'd put it to him like that, he probably has wasted too much money on it, so 600 to take it of his hands would be welcome, probably.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Punti coog
    whats wrong with your gt?
    Its like the never ending story.. adding bits and bobs all the time. never happy.. lol ..

Had the engine stripped down 2/3 times.. because i changed my mind about parts etc.. lol

The Head is on the car i think... HF

£600 jez cant see him taking that... seems like a sound guy was chatting to him on the phone... he was saying he owns the guy doing the work £300 for a start like..

The guy doing the work i think is pIssed off looking at the car wants it lifted asap.. says if you want it fixed you may just buy a whole bottom end.. will not fit one piston as the head etc is all on now.. and the car is not running right.. says something about oil shooting up.. need to chat to the guy doing the work and not the guy selling it.
    Last edited by Hendy; 22nd September 2006 at 16:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

joey_turbo
    £600 jez cant see him taking that... seems like a sound guy was chatting to him on the phone... he was saying he owns the guy doing the work £300 for a start like..

The guy doing the work i think is pIssed off looking at the car wants it lifted asap..
    I'd try it. He's probably getting pressure form the guy to get it gone then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast