Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Fast Civic Type R

Gearbox Abuser
    sometimes, Jukes, Dukes, ****, twat.

im really not fussed.. Hans

Twitter: @ImJamesHans

Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    your a ****...

the fact of the matter is, that the CTR is in a totally different league.

its built by a massive company with ££££. its on full slicks and is not a everyday car..

its comments like the above that makes me think how much of an arrogent twat you can be...

Its not that its wasted on here but people dont see a sponsered car like that as anything to special as they will never stumble across it on the road, very much like the norris evo.. thye have very few outings a year and probably cover 1000miles in a full year..

the fact it cuts out on the line says it all...
    Who rattled your cage? Or was it the 2.0 comment that got you upset? If so, I apologise, I didn't mean to offend you and I wasn't directing that comment at you (it just seems to be the general opinion on this site that Punto's are undefeatable, in particular 2.0 Punto's) - what's up with yours btw? Not heard anything of it for a long time....

The CPL CTR wasn't on full slicks, it was on road legal radials (like Toyo 888's etc) and it is an every day car - his wife uses it!!!! The company is not 'massive'. It's a family business, based in Sheerness, Kent. Sorry to seem like I'm picking your post apart, I'm just stating facts.

Norris Evo is a different animal altogether - I agree with your comments about that only going out a few times a year. It has a 100k+ build cost anyway, so just an out and out race car really.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    It's not an everyday car. It only has one seat (look at the in car footage) and is always bought to and from the events on a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by jsc
    It's not an everyday car. It only has one seat (look at the in car footage) and is always bought to and from the events on a trailer.
    Sounds like debo's car, only it doesnt even goto events

It was in the Japanese Performance magazine a couple of months ago - it is an every day car. Ok, so on that particular run it had no passenger seat or rear seats (no doubt). People with 15 second Punto's strip theirs out to get a faster time???

If you look at the exterior vid, you'll also see it has no n/s front light either, it has a massive air filter cone there! Seen this done before on Punto's too...

Some call this type of work before a drag racing event, "preparation"
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Dêbô
    Who rattled your cage? Or was it the 2.0 comment that got you upset? If so, I apologise, I didn't mean to offend you and I wasn't directing that comment at you (it just seems to be the general opinion on this site that Punto's are undefeatable, in particular 2.0 Punto's) - what's up with yours btw? Not heard anything of it for a long time....

The CPL CTR wasn't on full slicks, it was on road legal radials (like Toyo 888's etc) and it is an every day car - his wife uses it!!!! The company is not 'massive'. It's a family business, based in Sheerness, Kent. Sorry to seem like I'm picking your post apart, I'm just stating facts.

Norris Evo is a different animal altogether - I agree with your comments about that only going out a few times a year. It has a 100k+ build cost anyway, so just an out and out race car really.

you rattled my cage, you always have that dig of CTRs are better than puntos... something that is a pointless argument.

My cars been off the road, i wanted to do cambelt, clutch and external wastegate, which ment i may aswell take the lump out. then apon doing the wastegate i find many cracks that need welding.

as for the CPL CTR, lmfao that his wife uses it.. erm i think not.

have you ever seen it on the road? as for full slicks, i was there and some runs were defo done on full slicks....

id say there a pretty big comapny considering he had atleats 5 customer demo cars there too....

it pisses me off when people take a car like this and believe everything the creator says.. i guarrentee that its does less than 1000miles a year...

Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    you rattled my cage, you always have that dig of CTRs are better than puntos... something that is a pointless argument.

My cars been off the road, i wanted to do cambelt, clutch and external wastegate, which ment i may aswell take the lump out. then apon doing the wastegate i find many cracks that need welding.

as for the CPL CTR, lmfao that his wife uses it.. erm i think not.

have you ever seen it on the road? as for full slicks, i was there and some runs were defo done on full slicks....

id say there a pretty big comapny considering he had atleats 5 customer demo cars there too....

it pisses me off when people take a car like this and believe everything the creator says.. i guarrentee that its does less than 1000miles a year...
    Which is fine, companies can make 1 off cars to race and wouldnt last any distance and boast large power figures.

Whats wrong is the BS about their driven daily. At least Sibs in Italy are driven daily with 3xx hp.

Greg FYI, the green one was 300hp at 1.6bar boost. and did 13.2 at 118mph quarter mile at 1.6bar.

2bar had no traction.

Mine was 1.3bar and not 240hp, but 280 (unproven) but 240hp does not get you from 60-100 in 7.5s

That's fast James, especially for a 1600 !

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans
    Which is fine, companies can make 1 off cars to race and wouldnt last any distance and boast large power figures.

Whats wrong is the BS about their driven daily. At least Sibs in Italy are driven daily with 3xx hp.

Greg FYI, the green one was 300hp at 1.6bar boost. and did 13.2 at 118mph quarter mile at 1.6bar.

2bar had no traction.

Mine was 1.3bar and not 240hp, but 280 (unproven) but 240hp does not get you from 60-100 in 7.5s

i can imagine that traction is a prob but then again i cant... barbz got into the 11s in a 500bhp coupe. its all down to the setup and driver.

as for 60-100 in 7.5 secs, well heres mine, a "heavy" 2ltr with a low 250bhp http://www.puntosportsclub.co.uk/vids/GregsGT1.3gp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast