Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its On

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar

Its On

I fitted my T2/T25 hybrid yesteday and wow

its a lot more laggy than the MD57 i had and is not as much of a violent kick in the head. now its more progressive and the mid range is amazing.

but all this was not with out problems lol

1. Oil feed pipe did sit flush(needed a bigger washer) so when i started it for the first time i chucked out about 2 litres of oil of deans friends floor lol

2. on the way home first chance i get to boot it it was like 2nd wow into 3rd then pop main boost pipe came of the samco lol was all oily so i couldnt re attach it luckily i had my oe boost pipe in the boot so i just put that on.

3. halfway home the boost gauge pipe split the length of the grommit so i had to stop at a garage and cut it and re attach it.

now the exhaust tone is so much deeper and i prefer it so sexy.

A big Thankyou to GTdean for taking a saturday off to help me fit it, when i say me i ment i just supervised lol Dean did it all.

What fuel pressure shall i run at 19 psi on a standard GT pump do you think? its just over 3 bar at the minute.

ill try and get some pics off my phone.
    XploitGT

glad your impressed mate, i would think 3.5-4 bar should be the fuel pressure, it may run lean at the top though so dont hold.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Punto know it all
    sounds lovely, dead jellous...

when them boost pipes come of they dont have make a bang!

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by xploitGT
    I fitted my T2/T25 hybrid yesteday and wow

its a lot more laggy than the MD57 i had and is not as much of a violent kick in the head. now its more progressive and the mid range is amazing.

but all this was not with out problems lol

1. Oil feed pipe did sit flush(needed a bigger washer) so when i started it for the first time i chucked out about 2 litres of oil of deans friends floor lol

2. on the way home first chance i get to boot it it was like 2nd wow into 3rd then pop main boost pipe came of the samco lol was all oily so i couldnt re attach it luckily i had my oe boost pipe in the boot so i just put that on.

3. halfway home the boost gauge pipe split the length of the grommit so i had to stop at a garage and cut it and re attach it.

now the exhaust tone is so much deeper and i prefer it so sexy.

A big Thankyou to GTdean for taking a saturday off to help me fit it, when i say me i ment i just supervised lol Dean did it all.

What fuel pressure shall i run at 19 psi on a standard GT pump do you think? its just over 3 bar at the minute.

ill try and get some pics off my phone.

Whats your D/V note like now with the new turbo on? is it quieter?

Photoshoppin' Post Whore
    lol i amost pmed you to say i'd buy it when it was up for sale lol....... now ur keepin it lol

you have a love hate thing going on don't you ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metalflake Skillz
    Whats your D/V note like now with the new turbo on? is it quieter?
    yes why is that?
    XploitGT

Quote Originally Posted by jahilton2002
    lol i amost pmed you to say i'd buy it when it was up for sale lol....... now ur keepin it lol

you have a love hate thing going on don't you ? lol
    its weird i always have loved it but i get the itch to get something else but i know ill miss her. ive always wanted to finish off the 4.1 set up all i need now is the grale.
    XploitGT

Breadvan Skillz
    yes why is that?

Ive no idea, i have exactly the same problem lol.

No matter what d/v i use, i think its something with the size fo the turbo and the way it spools, im not sure tho and have always wondered?

To Jan did you mean that to me or Lee?

Photoshoppin' Post Whore
    its weird i always have loved it but i get the itch to get something else but i know ill miss her. ive always wanted to finish off the 4.1 set up all i need now is the grale.
    whats fuel like on a 4.1 setup........ just so i know lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metalflake Skillz
    Ive no idea, i have exactly the same problem lol.

No matter what d/v i use, i think its something with the size fo the turbo and the way it spools, im not sure tho and have always wondered?

To Jan did you mean that to me or Lee?
    my DV was really loud with the MD57 now its quiet im now running more pressure but it quieter lol
    XploitGT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast