Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renault 19 and clio rsi

Punto Lover

renault 19 and clio rsi

ive recently had a dabble with these two cars.

the ren 19 was fast but couldnt stay with me, he flashed his lights for me to pull over, found out he was running a new engine with head work, uprated cams and a clio williams gearbox. he said it was about 180bhp.

then last nite i had a go with a clio rsi, 1.8 16v. that surprised me a bit however, i just cant get any traction on these damp nites, so it was fairly even.

mike_roberts
    my mates sporting kept in front with one of the RSI's.... but he did pull out to overtake finding no road to overtake on.... surely a GT should kill one? As you say probably traction.

Punto Lover
    thought the rsi was 1.8 8v

Punto Lover
    i spoke to the lad, he said he was running 140bhp.

Punto Lover
    it is.

he stayed with me but im sure if it wasnt so greasy on the roads last nite i would of beaten him

Punto Lover
    They did both a 16v and an 8v 1.8 rsi. My flat mate has the 8v its not particularly quick at all.

Tom

Punto Enthusiast
    i owned a GT and now a standard Ren 19 16V.

From my own experience it is hard to tell, the 19 pulls from the start where as the GT (obviously due to lag would take a bit of time to catch up but beat it)

However the 19 i feel handles a lot better round the twisty bits and has less roll than the GT.

sh33n
    Quote Originally Posted by the mk1 kid
    They did both a 16v and an 8v 1.8 rsi. My flat mate has the 8v its not particularly quick at all.

Tom
    On the MK1s they did a 1.8 8v RSI and they did (not an RSI) a 1.8 16v commonly called a valver.

I think the MK2 RSI was a 1.6 16v.

A GT ought to easily beat an RSI.

Punto Lover
    sorry maybe it wasnt a rsi then, but it was defo an 1.8 16v, the lad told me.

Punto Enthusiast
    It's a valver if he was running 140bhp, as that's what they are as standard... the R19 owner however was talking arse, as there's no way he has a 180bhp 1.8 16v engine, unless it's on throttle bodies... but then it would have maimed you if you struggled with the valver. to make 180bhp he'd need a 2.0 BE from the Williams or Megane and then usual breathing mods, followed by cams and a remap at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast