Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meanstreet Cruise Essex Areana UPDATE IF COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    theres no problem with going as a club, altough you won't be able to have the banner because its going to autoitalia. all i was saying is it looks like there will be more non-members on the stand than members!

Silver Abarth
    Well me and me brother are still going in our cars (will be filling out the forms tonight), anyone know if kids are allowed to go and if so do they charge £10 still. Only ask as me brother is finding it difficult to finda babysitter for his 4 year old.

Heather i will be signing up today, any pointers or how to go about doing this?? Is there a form or something to fill in, how much etc etc

Nick

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    8) all the info is here www.puntosports.co.uk/club.htm

Silver Abarth
    Thanks, will get it posted today.

Nick

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritodipuntouk
    theres no problem with going as a club, altough you won't be able to have the banner because its going to autoitalia. all i was saying is it looks like there will be more non-members on the stand than members!

And the problem with this being? So if you're not a member but regularly contribute to this forum you're not really that welcome? Surely it would make more sense to see as many puntos as possible there rather than try and get as many members there as you can??

Just because some of us haven't paid the £25 joining fee doesn't mean we dont take an active part in keeping this site alive.

This member thing is all getting very twee. I've never seen anything quite like it on any other forum. Get togethers/meets organised on forums like this one are about getting as many people who post on the forum and consider each other as friends together in the real world and indulging in what we all love. It's not about discriminating against people who haven't paid a membership fee.

I'm afraid I still think the restricting of certain forums to only paid members will be the death of this forum. Its quiet enough without putting new member's off.

I dont want to upset anyone with this post and I know £25 isn't a huge sum but that aint really the point. I just want to air my feelings.

Punto know it all
    sorry withnail, but thats bollocks, as we've said sooooooo many times this place costs money to run, and if we want to be a "club" and not a forum, we can use the membership fee's to give members benefits.

£25 Is **** all, and it all goes back into puntosports, and this forum. So, you may not see such a system on other forums, but perhaps we want o do things differently. We want to have a pool of cash, to be used for "members" benfits

I don't care who is a member, and who is'nt, but remeber all the time you "contribute" to this forum, you also take, in running costs and peoples time.

I can't see why so many people have a problem with memberships. afterall Clubcento has done it for years and they are clearly one fot he most organised clubs in the scene.

There will not be an "official" club presence at Mean streets, but you guys ARE puntosports and there is certainly no objection to the name being used.

However, please bear in mind, before going off on rants about membership, that there are Benefits to being a member, and these alone can be worth your money.

mook

Withnail
    Mook mate, I agree with what you're saying, but that's not what I was getting at. I just didn't like the way Heather phrased that post above.

I understand that money has been put into this site, but a site that's record number of users online at one time was 32 and is, in comparison to many other forums, pretty quiet (there's nothing wrong with that) can surely not cost much to run. Bandwidth may not be cheap but you dont need much to keep this site afloat.

I'm sure Heather and yourself put a lot of time into the membership and for that we're all grateful - that's why we use this site.

Like I said, £25 isnt a lot of money although with the current financial situation I'm in at the moment all the money going out of my account has to be accounted for (£30 police fine didnt help ). I'm sure other people have been in the same situation. I will join, but only when it's actually good value for money. If it costs so much to run, why cant we have a bit of webspace, or an email address? Lots of other forums do this, I think its a great idea. I know its currently in talks, but what discounts do we actually get?

Anyway, its only my view and I'm not trying to get anyone's heckles (hackles, whatever ) up. Maybe I'm being petty, I dont know

Punto Lover
    Pay your £25 tight arse!!!! heather is right in what she said

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by alibpuntoman
    Pay your £25 tight arse!!!! heather is right in what she said
    Hehe the flaming has begun

Punto know it all
    with, just as a guide, theres a few companies already set up with discount schemes, which range from 10% to 25% and it only takes a purchase of £250 from those companies (suspension, shocks, bodykits, insurance etc) to cover it.

i can see why you posted about heathers phrasing, but i can assure you there is no "clickyness" involved with the club. I can only tell who's a member from the avatars. otherwise i don't actually know.

The club/forum is slowly going through some admin changes at the mo, to make us run as smoothly and efficiantly as possible. Restricted access has been postponed for the moment, as we want to feed the club and make it become something exceptional, so people will want to join, without having to many reservations.

can i also say there will be heavily subsidised "days out" for paid members, which will be worth a large proportion of the fee alone.

anyway, we are growing, and i hope you don't think there is an us and them situation, cbecasue there simply is'nt.

we are all PUNTOSPORTS>

mook

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast