Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: standard turbo

gazgtt1

Question standard turbo

was told today by my local turbo centre that if i run my standard turbo at 1.2 bar constant that it will knacker the thrust plates and within a month or 2 blow the turbo up ! is any 1 else runnin 1.2 bar on there standard turbo and is it still working ok with runnin it at 1.2 + have you have you had any trouble with other things after upping the boost ?? cheers

lol

half the GT owners on the site are running 1.2bar on a standard turbo.

i have been for months.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Lover
    1.1 for nearly a year

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    1.2 is only 16psi lol

iven been running around 16psi for the last 3 years and ive had no problems.
    XploitGT

1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

gazgtt1

Thumbs up

nice 1 guys thats all i needed to no !! i think he said that cus he keeps tryin to get me interested in 1 of his rebuilt hybrids cheeky git lol

gazgtt1

Question

so with 1.2 bar of boost a full magnex + induction kit what bhp figures should i be seein,plannin on a seb o in the near future as was told with my setup n that chip that should see 170bhp

joey_turbo
    you wanna stop going to this turbo centre. they obviously dont know their stuff. Well not about GT's. Stick with this place mate, its all you need to know.

I reckon turning the boost up should see 145-150 bhp.

gazgtt1

Thumbs up

nice 1 TT 145 to 150bhp is more than enough to blow away the local corsa n saxo crew (hehehehe) will be stickin with the club mate every1 who i met or spoke top on here no's there stuff am just not very confident under the bonnet doin stuff myself

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gazgtt1
    so with 1.2 bar of boost a full magnex + induction kit what bhp figures should i be seein,plannin on a seb o in the near future as was told with my setup n that chip that should see 170bhp
    wouldnt turn the boost up until the seb is on mate. the seb adds more fuel so when you do turn the boost up it's not running lean.
    i have been told a full exhaust system on the gt adds about 10break from standard.(don't know how true this is though). you won't be seeing hardly anything from the filter, imo probably 140-145 ish dependant on what series of gt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast