Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SKYLINE quote

Punto Lover

SKYLINE quote

Right, last night i was was getting a few insurance quotes and decided to get one on a Skyline(just for fun-to see if could actually get insured), this was with Adrian Flux. I got a quote on a 1994 2.5 GTSTurbo. To insure it with my dad as the policy holder; he is 61 and me as a named driver it will cost 535 a year fully comp.

Now to me that seems low, if not impossible because the named driver- Me is 17.
    I think i may have put something in wrong but i am sure i didn't as i took my time filling the form out. I have a ref no and will ring them and go through the details, when they re open after xmas.

Hmm might be time to sell the GT -give it a couple of years tho & maybe i will

Punto Enthusiast

skyline

i am looking to get a skyline next yaer, so i ahve been doing some insurance quotes, and for a r33 gtr is £3000 fully comp under my own name, and ill only 20 when i get it!!!

vtec_will
    If i asked to be quoted for a fooking skyline they would just laugh @ me + quote me about £1023,000,000,0000......... never mind, im sure ill get one by the time im 138

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by doddy101
    i am looking to get a skyline next yaer, so i ahve been doing some insurance quotes, and for a r33 gtr is £3000 fully comp under my own name, and ill only 20 when i get it!!!
    You seriously must have issues if you feel happy spending 3k on insurance. Why not wait 1 more year until your 21?

Punto Enthusiast
    Deffo a mistake Martin, Adrian Fux wanted £800 for my modified Clio Williams which I re-insured with direct line for £400 fully comp with bells and whistles... I think there's no possible way of insuring a Skyline at 17 unless your a lottery winner TBH, but then again, why would you want a 2.5 RWD single turbo version? They are utter shite and on track are a complete and utter joke, most standard hot hatches were giving them trouble at Donington! lol

Punto Lover
    Yeh thats what i thought, they quoted my brother just over 3000 for his 1.4 saxo furio, with the mods

Gearbox Abuser
    can i just poke my nose in and say that if your dad is the owner and the insurance is in his name, and your a named driver but infact your the real owner and driver be very careful. insurance companys aint stupid and if you did have the accident they will investigate the case throughly to find out how often your dad drove it.

Punto Lover
    But they wont be able to find out will they un less they have film or pics of me always driving it. I would say we went halves on it for a birthday present/ xmas present- thats why the car is probably not his type, he also wanted something with a bit of power, I use it to get to and from work (the policy includes commuting) where i drive another car- a corsa, and he uses it regulary to and from his house 5 miles away from me in the week, and i use it at weekends for social purposes. He pays the insurance, the mot and the tax and owns the car as i have a low income job and cannot afford a car of my own :xmas30:

Gearbox Abuser
    im not saying how they'll find out but if you crash it then they will defo investigate.. how old are you?

Punto Lover
    He is 17

Personally i think they are ugly looking cars anyway.

You've got no experience under your belt and could well end up writing it off if you got a bit carried away.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast