Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Punto Written-off...

Punto Enthusiast

My Punto Written-off...

Friday morning, my Punto was written off. What a ****er! Driving down a main dual carridgeway road in my home town, in the right hand lane with a traffic jam in the left lane. Some **** in a Volvo was trying to turn right out of a side road on the left. Was flashed to go by someone in the jam, and pulled out straight in front of me. Brake....Skid...Smash!! Punto vs. Vovlo = ****ed Punto!! Its got heavy chassis damage to the front drivers side leg, so is a write off. Not too bad tho, cos he's accepted liability, so its a nice claim for my car + a claim for whiplash for me n the missus. Only thing is, wont see any of that money for about 6 month so am stuck skint without a car.

Will hopefully have about £1500-£1800 around xmas time to get a new motor (due to a very conviniently timed xmas bonus from work!) So what do you guys reckon? Was thinkin about maybe a clio valver or Mk5/6 RS2000. Any ideas??

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    are you getting the punto back??

Punto Enthusiast
    yep. its still parked where I crashed, but will be getting moved to my house hopefully sometime later on today. Need to get it home to get a few things off before the insurance company comes to look at it!! Why ask??

Banned Trader
    break it and sell parts, make some money off it!

Punto know it all
    agreed. what colour was it?

Punto Enthusiast
    t'was midnight blue. yeah i probably will. Ive been told tho, that once the guys insurance company pays out, they'll want to take the remainder of the car. Is this true??

Punto know it all
    gutted. my favourite colour on a gt. my first gt was midnight blue, it was gorgeous.

u can buy the car back off the insurance company after they have paid out ofr a very reduced amount. give them a call and say you are interested in buying the car back, how much would it cost.

Punto Enthusiast
    yeah. personally I think its by far the best colour the GT's came in. Burnt orange comes close, but nothing else.

Right il have to do that then. Cos all the panels were in mint condition, and id just bought a few new parts for it too.

Any ideas for a new motor then?? Something small, fast, good handling and reliable. Is it possible for under 2 grand??

I heard the law had changed in recent years, and you can no longer buy back the car after a claim has been made.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    didnt ste just get his back??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast