Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posting images

moddedpunto

posting images

Apologies to everyone, I know this has been asked many times, but....

How the hell do you post images, or, have a signature image on every post?

I know the pics have to be on the internet already and I have loadsa pics uploaded to my own website but I can't seem to link to them

flyingbanana
    if you go to the signatures bit on the profile section click on the bit at the side that goes on about bb and html it opens up another page that tells u how to do stuff.

J a m e s

have the image address i.e

http://www.puntoabarth.co.uk/phpbb2/...logo_phpBB.gif

then add [img] and [/img] like this:

[img]_http://www.puntoabarth.co.uk/phpbb2/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif_[/img]

but omit the _ and you get this

moddedpunto

thanks

thats exactly how I thought you were supposed to do it but somehow I can't get any pics from my website to come up. I'll just have to play round with it till it works

cheers

ross

ahah

some service providers or free website hosters, like geocities for example dont like you externally linking pics to forums like these cos it cains their bandwidth alot more.

if you want i have various sites and domains for hosting **** if it becomes a problem.

-ross 8)

J a m e s

test for moddedpunto

it this gonna work

J a m e s
    modded you are on geocities and the pic above doesnt work, sign up for yahoo photo album and use that.

moddedpunto

geocities

I never knew that about geocities!

Cheers for the info I'll have to find another way...

moddedpunto
    wa hoo I've got pictures

cheers

Webmistress
    still haven't got an 'avatar' though - how do I get one (I e-mailed you a pic to use)

chrislaramy
    am i doing something majorly wrong here ? i put a link to a yahoo briefcase for my image for my avatar and then click submit and then it refreshes and the links disappeared with no avatar. As well when i try and add pictures in my sig. i put [img](address of image)[/img] and i get and [x] box instead of an image any ideas ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast