Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clio 172 (cup) vs. Ibiza Cupra

Punto Enthusiast

Clio 172 (cup) vs. Ibiza Cupra

My GT's up for sale and probably gonna get a bit more of a loan and get one of the above cars. Which do you think is better? ie speed, handling, looks, speed, build quality, reliability, speed!! Basically I want the quickest of the two, without compromising handling n stuff!

Cheers
    Steve

Punto Enthusiast
    Clios handeling is second to non and there's turbo lag, but the cupra is a little more powerful and you can put a dump vavle on them if you wanted. but id have a clio myself

Southern Events Organiser
    clio's are not turbos mate!

Punto55sx
    Personally, I'd go for the Clio I think. It is much more of a drivers car, and handles brilliantly. Also has more power than the Ibiza though they are similar 0-60 as the ibiza has alot of torque. The ibiza is probably put together better though being VAG. The ibiza doesn't seem to have much turbo lag, but there is a bit, nowhere near as much as the GT.

Punto Lover
    clio, but not a cup.

CTR_Paul
    Clio Cup everytime.

Tom20v
    Cup!

Ibiza is slower and handle poo. Also someone mentioned you can put a dv on them? Only a recirculating one!

Oh and you cant change the ibiza headunit!!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Punto55sx
    The ibiza doesn't seem to have much turbo lag, but there is a bit, nowhere near as much as the GT.
    a standard gt is not laggy!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_75SX
    a standard gt is not laggy!
    Both of mine were, plus the other 4 i've driven. Must be the air down here then!!! Unless you keep them revving 3000+ they do have quite a bit of lag for turbos.

Ryan GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom20v
    Cup!

Ibiza is slower and handle poo. Also someone mentioned you can put a dv on them? Only a recirculating one!

Oh and you cant change the ibiza headunit!!
    Handling is poo???? i just bought an ibiza cupra and for a standard setup the handling is really good, very solid ride and no body roll through the corners what so ever!

They also dont seem to have much turbo lag at all, theres power right from about 2k rpm. they really get going at about 4k+ though! ive had a couple of little blasts against other hot hatches and so far the only thing that could keep up was a pug MI-16 engined 205 GTi with somewhere around the 170bhp mark! havent yet been up against a clio cup though, so we'll see!

I cant see many people being disapointed by the cupra although ive never driven a clio cup so cant compare it to that!

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast