Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy doods

Tonys HGT

Thumbs up Howdy doods

Hi all

Just bought a HGT (Mk2) and would just like to say 'hi'!

grizzler72
    hello fella - welcome.. Good buy just make sure you look after it.. what colour and specs.. got any pics??

Tonys HGT

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by grizzler72
    hello fella - welcome.. Good buy just make sure you look after it.. what colour and specs.. got any pics??
    Hiya Grizzler

Haven't got any pics yet - I'll try and post them when I get it back from the dealer again (new disks & pads and still pulls under braking!!). [-o<

Anyways, its a Silver Y reg and standard so far apart from a 'HGT' plate coming soon!

BTW, sorry if the smileys are miss-used, it's my first forum reply!!

grizzler72
    no worries mate we all got to start somewhere!!
    Sounds like you got a caliper fault, maybe a piston stuck and not pushing on pads so only one side working..
    One thing i will say is make sure check oil levels regularly. The nature of the engine does use a bit of oil depending how u drive it and i would recommend changing regularly..
    Whats the mileage if it's around 40k get the cambelt and tensioner done asap if it hasn't already been done as they are known to go and will cost u big bucks to repair - £1000 just for the head..
    One other thing to be wary off is if u get a diesel type noise on start up which disappears after a few seconds don't be too alarmed this is the variator - the hgt has variable valve control which is controlled by the variator and it is known fault which if it is not doing it now it will eventually!!.
    Don't mean to go on and make them sound crap but thought u should know a few of the most common type faults regarding the hgt.. It is a good car if given some TLC but like all fiats she can be a bitch if neglected..
    You probs new some of the above anyways but if u do get any probs you are not sure of post them up and i'm sure amongst us here we can sort it for ya!!

grizzler72
    By the i was after silver when i got mine as they are not that common in the end i got mine in calypso orange!! piccy below standard same as yours but i got a magnex coming and some 17's lined up with a 35mm drop as well..

Tonys HGT
    no worries mate we all got to start somewhere!!
    Sounds like you got a caliper fault, maybe a piston stuck and not pushing on pads so only one side working..
    One thing i will say is make sure check oil levels regularly. The nature of the engine does use a bit of oil depending how u drive it and i would recommend changing regularly..
    Whats the mileage if it's around 40k get the cambelt and tensioner done asap if it hasn't already been done as they are known to go and will cost u big bucks to repair - £1000 just for the head..
    One other thing to be wary off is if u get a diesel type noise on start up which disappears after a few seconds don't be too alarmed this is the variator - the hgt has variable valve control which is controlled by the variator and it is known fault which if it is not doing it now it will eventually!!.
    Don't mean to go on and make them sound crap but thought u should know a few of the most common type faults regarding the hgt.. It is a good car if given some TLC but like all fiats she can be a bitch if neglected..
    You probs new some of the above anyways but if u do get any probs you are not sure of post them up and i'm sure amongst us here we can sort it for ya!!

I've had a quick look around on the site and some posts mention the brakes/variator probs. They didn't replace the calipers tho when they sorted the front disks/pads and now it pulls to the right under braking. The variator does chatter a bit on startup but I know the cam belt hasn't been changed yet (now done 34k) - guess I'll do the both when it comes around at 40k.

I reckon the dealer knows the score but is trying to save money!! Only had it for 2 weeks! BTW, ta muchly for the advice!

Tonys HGT

Cool

Nice colour matey.

Hannah
    By the i was after silver when i got mine as they are not that common in the end i got mine in calypso orange!! piccy below standard same as yours but i got a magnex coming and some 17's lined up with a 35mm drop as well..

Nice car, i have 17" on my Calypso orange and droped 35mm im pleased with mine your should look v nice

Hannah
    Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay

1.2puntosporting
    howdy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast