Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win 2K3 Terminal Services printing prob

Withnail

Win 2K3 Terminal Services printing prob

Help, we're completely stuck.

A site is connecting via terminal services to their head office's Windows Server 2003 Standard machine. They are using remote desktop as the connection tool. The problem we have is that, although the share local printers option is ticked, when the site connect, the printer isnt added to the list of printers on the server.

At first, this was a driver problem, we added the driver for the printer to Server 2003 and the printer was then added when they connected. However, each print job only got halfway through (i.e. 75K/150K) and just hung, and wouldn't allow you to cancel it. So, we tried various things, one of which was adding the printer manually and setting the port to the the correct TS PRN port. This worked, and it went through fine, however, if the site disconnected and reconnected, the TS PRN port number had changed and wouldnt print until you physically changed the port number in the printer's settings.

Now, we're somehow back to square one and the printer isn't even being added when they connect.

Help.

Punto know it all
    I've got a suggestion - but you won't want to hear it

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    I've got a suggestion - but you won't want to hear it
    If it involves throwing something out of the window, or going to the pub, as much as I'd like to... no.

Punto know it all
    lmfao.

Okay then, that's my first two suggestions.

My third is that you're in the wrong job

Withnail
    lmfao.

Okay then, that's my first two suggestions.

My third is that you're in the wrong job
    Woah, handbags...

Having said that, i'm not in the right job when it comes to printing over terminal services, first time i've ever done it and its proving to be hugely gay.

Networky people - help!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    Woah, handbags...

Having said that, i'm not in the right job when it comes to printing over terminal services, first time i've ever done it and its proving to be hugely gay.

Networky people - help!
    It wasn't meant as a handbags comment, it was more a "it's friday, these things always happen and make you want to switch jobs" comment.

Withnail
    It wasn't meant as a handbags comment, it was more a "it's friday, these things always happen and make you want to switch jobs" comment.
    Yeah, I was only joking.

This has been arsing us around for the last few days though

Seaniboy
    Long shot but i don't suppose u have ticked the box's in RDP-TCP under client settings Disable LTP port mapping and windows printer mapping?

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaniboy
    Long shot but i don't suppose u have ticked the box's in RDP-TCP under client settings Disable LTP port mapping and windows printer mapping?
    Nope, only thing disabled is audio mapping...

speedyandy
    when you say connecting to your head office do you mean over a vpn??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast