Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Vodafone Tariff, Can I do anything?

FLiPNFiLL

Problems with Vodafone Tariff, Can I do anything?

Ello,

Right I got stitched up with my last phonebill, something like £98.

My deal I took out when I upgraded in May was;

6230i, 275 X-net mins & 250 texts for £35 per month.

My 4th year with Vodafone this is btw.

I got a bill of about £70, called up and was told my minutes were not enough, and im not on 'stop the clock' which is the new deal which lets you speak for 60 mins, but only charges you for the first 3! (after 7pm only).
    Fine, put me on that, however, I couldnt go on that, unless I loose the free texts & pay for them as a bundle!

So I did, I now pay £50 for 275 x-net mins 'stop the clock' & 250 texts.

Its not good enough, obviously, considering the £98 bill I just received, ive complained via email now, got a reply which really didnt make sense and just boasted about 'stop the clock' which is fine ,however, how about they give me more texts than they do! And stop ripping me off with bundle packs, so I've replied and now just waiting to see what they will do, everyone else has better deals, however I dislike O2, and Orange havent the best coverage round here from experience.

Im just hoping they will sort me out a better deal, as its pretty crap at the moment.
    I've gave loads of examples of other networks and other peoples deals, so if they value me as a customer, they will do something surely.

This is not a thread for people to boast what good deals they get on other networks, i've read that elsewhere, and I know the other deals from seeing them online/in the paper, just asking if anyone here works for Vodafone, and do they know if anything can be done?

I'd be quite happy with 200 mins xnet & 500 texts for £30
    Last edited by FLiPNFiLL; 19th July 2005 at 18:58.

Punto Lover
    I would leave them and go to O2 online..

It only costs me £30 for 500 texts and 100 minutes

I text more than I call

Punto Enthusiast
    if you complained about your tariff and had it changed, you would of only got a pro-rata of your old and new tariff and also you would receive the calls for the previous month as you pay your line rental in advance from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month. (by this i mean your bill say the 15 of may would be for line rental for 1st to the 31st may but calls made in april) it is so confusing if you change your tarif part way through the month with vodafone. if you every want to change it again do it on the 1st or 2nd day of the month.

who ever you speak to on the phone always be polite first and get there full name and there managers name JUST AS A REFERENCE as you are making a record of the call. for your back up then.

Punto know it all
    Don't be a fanny sean.

Just change to O2 mate, and call me before you do and I'll explain what you have to say to them

FLiPNFiLL
    Quote Originally Posted by puntosportuk
    I would leave them and go to O2 online..

It only costs me £30 for 500 texts and 100 minutes

I text more than I call
    I cant leave until next May lol

Weasel, yea it was about the 20th or so of the month when I had it changed.

I'll see what the next bill is like, but in the meantime im trying to get a decent amount of texts for free or at least cheap.

Edit*

Cant leave Jimma, contract was signed in May

Punto Enthusiast
    The advocates can only put a £5 credit on there max at good will.

just make sure they didnt change your commitment date when you changed your tariff to the promotion one. as they use to do that.

Punto know it all
    Mate, they're riding you hard and you're not even getting a reach around.

Suggest you ring them up and complain, if they're consistently cocking up your bill and overcharging you (I don't really understand your thread) then complain to them, saying you'll be having a word about ending your contract, as you are legally entitled to do, through non-performance of contract with the CAB (Advice Bureau).

If you really are using that many minutes - then shame on you son!

(as a guide, O2 online have been nothing but helpful and courteous to me and I'm on £25 a month, 500 rollover texts and 200 x network anytime rollover minutes - I rang up and complained I wasn't getting a good deal, so they apologised and said I couldn't have the double minutes I wanted because I'd only signed a new contract in the last two months, but they'd knock £5 off a month as a sign of goodwill )

FLiPNFiLL
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    Mate, they're riding you hard and you're not even getting a reach around.

I will threaten that definately.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel GT3
    The advocates can only put a £5 credit on there max at good will.

just make sure they didnt change your commitment date when you changed your tariff to the promotion one. as they use to do that.
    My bill says

18mth contract £0

So I queried that as I DEFINATELY didnt sign for a 18month contract, but the girl said its 12month still, so wonder what thats doing on my bill anyway.

Jimmas route of the CAB is the option ill take next if they email me and offer £5 credit, as thats the biggest joke ever if they do.

Punto know it all
    If they're constantly getting your bill wrong mate, give them one more chance, as that is reasonable and then speak to customer services and ask for their manager.

Inform him, politely you intend to cancel your contract on the basis of non-performance of contract (put simply, you pay for a service and this contract states the service you'd expect to get and you're not getting it). If he doesn't provide you with a reasonable answer you'll be taking things further.

Seek advice from someone who isn't a c0ck in the CAB (unfortunately, you'll struggle I think but worth a try).

Punto Enthusiast
    unfortunately read the small print of your contract as they will have everything covered. (it used to be me you would of shouted at remember)

ofcom will do nothing to help as they will be in their rights to change your contract even if you havent signed anything as it will be in the terms and conditions of your original contract. even changing to a promo tariff can affect this, best bet, stay carm and be polite and you will get everywhere!! seriously!! if you get where you need any help let me know and i will contact a mate and see what they have done or get them to do a certasy call back for you if they can. but this would be last port of call as you need to of being recorded calling first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast