Thread: What a Day

Exclamation What a Day

What a day I've had, if I don't laugh I'll cry!!!#

Picked my car up from the garage earlier today after being in there for almost 3 wks waiting on parts arriving, paid the hefty bill...

Then went to the post office and taxed my car for 12 months. Filled the tank with go go juice...

Went for a wee drive and BANG some b****** has just ran into my car head on along a country lane, me and my little car eventually stopped in the nearest farmers field.

Then has to pay £90 for the car to be recovered....

And tomorrow I'll need to find out the extent of the damage although doesn't look good!!!

Front bumper is smashed to pieces and theres water pissing out of the radiator (I think) and the front drivers side wheel has been pushed back about 6 inches and is now resting on the wheel arch, so god knows what sort of damage has been caused...

Anyone like to guess????

Gary

Banned
    OPH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

did you get his insurance deatils?

And to make matters worse once I mnaged to crawl out the car the b****** had driven off!!!!

Looks like the bills gonna be mine then.

G

Punto know it all
    Report it to the police with all the details you have - failure to report at the scene of an accident - you could be dead for all that other guy knows.

Report it asap!

Guys,

I've just called the police and they're coming round for a statement....

A quick question about the damage, there was ball bearings out of something on the road which had obviously come out of something on my car??

Poentially what sort of damage am I looking at if the drivers wheel has been sort of pushed back??? Is the car written off??

Apart from the bumper needing replaced I managed to swerve and save worse damage. But hitting the kerb has pushed the wheel back and there was water pissing out the bottom of the rad area somewhere.

Gary

BlackBeast
    Ball bearings would be your outer cv joint so that could mean you just need another cv joint or more likely will need a new driveshaft aswell!

Wishbone, strut, subframe could also be damaged! Also look at downpipe and sump and sounds as if a new radiator is required.