Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ayup all new guy here, few questions!!!

Dancliovalver

Thumbs up ayup all new guy here, few questions!!!

hey guys how we all doin?
    ok for starters, i have a reanult clio williams ive only had it 2 weeks and gettin really bored of it as i had an RT and a valver before that!!
    well anyways im quite interested in the punto GT, ive always like em but just wanna get some more info on them and i might sell up on the williams and have 1!
    ive bin reading a few posts and would like to know more about the "seb" setups I.E what they consist of, how much they cost, reliability and power gains!!!
    i have to choose 3 cars that i really like, thats the punto GT, 205 GTI (MI16)
    or a 5 GT turbo so i will need some persuadin lol!!!
    anyways i also wanna know bout the general reliablity of the GT and repair costs so forth and so forth!!!
    any help would be great
    Cheers all
    Dan

Dancliovalver
    being unsociable then are we!!!!!!!1 :-|

Punto Enthusiast
    no your justa clio owner

test drive them and come to your own conclusion. a GT will be fine if it has been looked after

royprime
    Go with that, Italian cars are always fun, but usually not well looked after! See if you can find someone locally to take you out, or even better let you have a try. Friend of mine tried mine, and hated the bit of turbo lag compared to his Clio 182!

myredbullet
    if you want cheap quick fun then R5 without a doubt. The Punto GT is the refined, updated version of the 5 with less tuning options and a big tuning barrier called "fuel injection"

The R5 will probably the most unreliable because its older and they have ALL been ragged. I would suggest the you test drive both.

Punto Enthusiast
    fuel injection is not a barrier the small cubic capacity of the engine is a main one

myredbullet
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum capture
    fuel injection is not a barrier the small cubic capacity of the engine is a main one
    R5s are still only 1.4 and theres plenty of 300+bhp ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PJMcD
    Theres probably just as many 300+hp puntos out there too, about 4 lol

Punto Enthusiast
    Dan, whatever you do dont get the 205 MI16, they are not as fast as people make out. Gaz test drove one and had a do against Rob's almost standard Williams and the Pug got SPANKED big time. R5 or the Punto it has to be... personally I wouldn't bother changing the Williams for another hot hatch, get something like an Evo 2 or 3 for circa £5k as most will already have at least basic breathing mods and be close to 300bhp or a chip away from.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PJMcD

with huge turbos and lack of driveablity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast