Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 20v Turbo Punto at Mod Nats

messypunto
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoBaz.NE
    Thats the user 5pot, and yes, its the only 20v turbo punto in the UK that I know of.

bluewater 2004 there was an all black on,(i thought it was minifreaks) and that one was definatly 20v because it was written on the engine, and its not the one pictured above.

Quote Originally Posted by messypunto
    bluewater 2004 there was an all black on,(i thought it was minifreaks) and that one was definatly 20v because it was written on the engine, and its not the one pictured above.
    Dont be silly.

i dont remember it tbh.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto know it all
    is that FMIC pointing towards a different direction or is it the picture?? its miles off

Its probably the only place it would fit, its a very tight fitment, everything is about 1-2cm away from each other.

Punto Enthusiast Martyn_Sporting's Avatar
    i have another picture from side view, but the sun shinning of top of engine so you cant see anything at all.

the lad didnt say anything about PSC even when i mentioned it, he did say that the conversion cost around 12,000 pound and took 7 months

That car was also orginally black, its now marble kinda colour... black at the top working down into grey.

i have more pictures on a disposable camera i bought (just to take pics of car) - will scan them in when i get it back - dont hold your breath thou i am no photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn_Sporting
    i have another picture from side view, but the sun shinning of top of engine so you cant see anything at all.

the lad didnt say anything about PSC even when i mentioned it, he did say that the conversion cost around 12,000 pound and took 7 months

That car was also orginally black, its now marble kinda colour... black at the top working down into grey.

i have more pictures on a disposable camera i bought (just to take pics of car) - will scan them in when i get it back - dont hold your breath thou i am no photographer!
    20vt engine in that is nice, especially since a few mods and its 400hp.

But the two questionable points are, would it actually pass an SVA for safety and what would happen in a crash? would the car just break in two, fine if its done just for drag racing. And also £12k to put that engine in there, Id have take 2 coupe 20LE turbos for that thanks

Gearbox Abuser
    ok, my car was at bluewater, but who ever said that it read 20vt is blind... sorry... click my sig and have a look at the pics it clearly says 16v Turbo... lol

as for the 20vt, yes thats 5pot... its a very interesting car, and an interesting guy too... its the only 20vt that i know thats got a hybrid and a chip and no other engine mods, yet the guy believes its pushing out 380bhp.... which it aint. also the car was done by a professional company and they have done a very good job apart from it no longer being fully structually sound, as they have cut 2+ inches out of the front box section...

but as i say very nice an just shows that if you wanna be diffferent youn can but at a heavy cost... £10000+ i seem to recall...

im hoping to arrange for him to come saxo vs punto day, but ill be saving my best run of the day to see if 16v power is any better than 20v power

Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    ok, my car was at bluewater, but who ever said that it read 20vt is blind... sorry... click my sig and have a look at the pics it clearly says 16v Turbo... lol

as for the 20vt, yes thats 5pot... its a very interesting car, and an interesting guy too... its the only 20vt that i know thats got a hybrid and a chip and no other engine mods, yet the guy believes its pushing out 380bhp.... which it aint. also the car was done by a professional company and they have done a very good job apart from it no longer being fully structually sound, as they have cut 2+ inches out of the front box section...

but as i say very nice an just shows that if you wanna be diffferent youn can but at a heavy cost... £10000+ i seem to recall...

im hoping to arrange for him to come saxo vs punto day, but ill be saving my best run of the day to see if 16v power is any better than 20v power
    Would be amusing if you get beaten by a 1.4

Gearbox Abuser
    whithout a doubt, but hey if i do, i wont be bothered as it'll be one hella 1.4 if it did.....:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast