Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GT is gone, new car???

Punto know it all
    Ibiza Cupra, you'd be mad to choose any of the others on your list over it.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    Ibiza Cupra, you'd be mad to choose any of the others on your list over it.
    Why? They are over priced unfortunatley. I have driven all, and prefer the 172, the cupra seems very 'composed' and has no rawness to it.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by xzibit
    Why? They are over priced unfortunatley. I have driven all, and prefer the 172, the cupra seems very 'composed' and has no rawness to it.
    It's a great all round car, it's not french so it won't fall apart. It's got a very strong and tunable engine and it has all the toys. Oh and its a TURBO

It's a great car, I may even buy another one when im finished with the elise.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    It's a great all round car, it's not french so it won't fall apart. It's got a very strong and tunable engine and it has all the toys. Oh and its a TURBO

It's a great car, I may even buy another one when im finished with the elise.
    Yeah, that's fantastic but, read the first post mate. 6k. Find a cupra for 6k with average mileage. There's only 1 on auto trader (Y reg, 48k, £6250) but I know that car, and it's covered in dings, and been ragged to ****.

FLiPNFiLL
    Agree with Phill, admittedly it seems we are biased, but trust me.

For £6k you CAN get one if you look hard enough, I paid £5950 for mine! (51 Plate/ 35k FSSH 1 owner!) Admittedly It was lucky...

They arent in the same league as a Renault.

If you can get a 172 for say £4k, then go for that sure, but nothing more!

They are composed cars, if you want rawness get it revo'd and enjoy 200bhp from a simple remap
    Handling wise, a Seat sport kit wouldnt be far off a Clio's cornering ability. And on the straights with a Revo you would say goodbye quite easily (as I have done several times with 182's).

Your choice though in the end...

Punto know it all
    Yeah, that's fantastic but, read the first post mate. 6k. Find a cupra for 6k with average mileage. There's only 1 on auto trader (Y reg, 48k, £6250) but I know that car, and it's covered in dings, and been ragged to ****.
    ok, buy the french thing then.

I sold my 02 cupra with 24k for £7500

Punto know it all
    If I got a bargain one, then yes, I'd get one, but on autotrader at the moment I'm seeing

2000 X 35k £6799
    2001 37k £7200
    2001 37k £7500

or some high mileged ones

2000 84k £5000 (34k above av.)
    2001 59k £5750 (14k above av.)

And don't you just hate it when people leave cars on autotrader when they've sold them!!!

Punto know it all
    And don't you just hate it when people leave cars on autotrader when they've sold them!!!
    i think mine is still there

FLiPNFiLL
    Dont be afraid to offer cheeky money, some people price £300 or £400 more than what they want for it.

Try seatcupra.net, and believe it or not, ebay, as well, you get a few people selling them on there.

joey_turbo
    xzibit, you should still take a look at those cars, and make an offer. Most people expect to be haggled with on the price. Its probably worth taking a chance if you like the motor, if not, you got nothing to lose.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast