Thread: ps2 online

king_punto

ps2 online

Anyone here got ps2 network gaming?

need to sort out some sort of adapter to be able to play the ps2 online and be able to use pc online at the same time?

Is this posible as at the moment I have to keep swapping the wires round.

Punto Lover
    have you got ADSL or Cable?

u need a Router

king_punto
    ADSL I think, the PC is downstairs and my ps2 is in my room. At the moment im running the cat5 network cable up the house to my room.

Punto Lover
    i'm running the PS2 though an internal ethernet adapter on my PC, and internet connection sharing set up in windows, can be a bitch to set up but works a treat and doesn't even slow the game down when someone's surfing the net at the same time..

Punto Lover
    forgot to say i have a USB modem

Punto Lover
    Get a wireless router and a wireless access point for your PS2. The PC can connect via wired CAT5 cable to the router downstairs, then the WAP device can be hooked up to the PS2 and connect to the router via wireless signal.

You will need to set up the wireless connection through your PC first though, as the PS2 can't configure it on its own. It usually has a web interface for all the security settings, so once you've done that unplug the WAP from your PC and hook it back up to the PS2. Job's a good 'un

king_punto
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoRob
    Get a wireless router and a wireless access point for your PS2. The PC can connect via wired CAT5 cable to the router downstairs, then the WAP device can be hooked up to the PS2 and connect to the router via wireless signal.

You will need to set up the wireless connection through your PC first though, as the PS2 can't configure it on its own. It usually has a web interface for all the security settings, so once you've done that unplug the WAP from your PC and hook it back up to the PS2. Job's a good 'un
    got any wireless routers that you would recommend? pics? prices? etc

cheers

Punto Lover
    Plenty of reviews here:
    http://www.adslguide.org.uk/reviews/

Rob HTH