View Poll Results: Would you support the eradication of "txt spk"?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's annoying, and pointless

46 82.14%
  • No, it's a modern slang and has it's place in society.

10 17.86%
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposal to eliminate txt spk and improve standards of posting on the Forum.

Punto know it all

Proposal to eliminate txt spk and improve standards of posting on the Forum.

Txt spk is annoying. fact
    it's also lazy and pointless
    it also alienates those who don't understand every little abbreviation, and makes reading harder.

In life, be it filling out an application form for McDonalds, or writing a thesus for a law degree, txt spk has no place in the real world. You wouldn't talk in morse code in a pub, nor semiphore at a football match, or use sign language at a bus stop.

so, txt is something we can eliminate from a forum, and the only people who would "suffer" are those having to imput extra keystrokes. However, in doing so, they will improve their typing skills and literacy, which would benefit them in later life.

So, this post, it has bad english, bad spelling, but is easily readable.

who would support the ban of txt spk? It would simply be words like m8 and eva for example, censored with ***. it would only take a few posts for people to realise they need to type properly, and will benefit all.

input?

mook

Punto know it all
    I think that it would be an excellent idea. The amount of times I have had to read posts 2-3 times is unbelievable. Writing things such as LMAO, ROFL, IIRC, can still be acceptable, as these are widely known and easy to read. Its jst wen ppl spk like this, makes it very hard to read.

Plus, people would learn how to type alot quicker. Which can benefit them later on.

i think its a good idea, but lmao and stuff like tha,t i find hard to work out sometimes.

Withnail
    Do it, please.

'Eva' is one of those words that makes me want to stick my fist into my chest and crush my beating heart every time I read it. And there are many others.

Lets create a Gay-o-list of these words, please feel free to add, as I can only remember a few...

eva
    4 instead of 'for'
    m8
    spk
    ye
    iz
    lil
    wat
    y instead of 'why'
    cummin (what, you're having an orgasm? **** off)
    l8er
    u
    knw (I think it means 'know' but it could be pineapple for all I ****ing care)
    sorri (aarrrggghhh!)
    ppl

It took me AGES to type that, its so much easier to type out 'proppa' words.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay
    i think its a good idea, but lmao and stuff like tha,t i find hard to work out sometimes.
    Suppose punctuation is out of the question? :-P

Quote Originally Posted by xzibit
    Suppose punctuation is out of the question? :-P
    sorry about the punctuation and spelling, I'm dyslexic so some times I don't do it properly.

Punto know it all
    eva
    4 instead of 'for'
    m8
    spk
    ye
    iz
    lil
    wat
    y instead of 'why'
    cummin (what, you're having an orgasm? **** off)
    l8er
    u
    knw (I think it means 'know' but it could be pineapple for all I ****ing care)
    sorri (aarrrggghhh!)
    ppl
    lol
    gotta
    betta
    outta
    pls (please)
    gonna
    wanna
    neons
    doin
    cnt (is this can't or cu.nt, I'm not sure)
    neva

Punto know it all
    Txt spk S anoyiN. fact it's also laZ n futile it also alienates thOs hu dnt undRst& evry lil abbr, n maks readN hrdr

n lyf, B it filling ot an app 4m 4 mackers, or ryTN a thesus 4 a law Dgre, txt spk Hs no plce n D real wrld. u wudnt gab n morse cod n a pub, nor semiphore @ a ftbl match, or uz cYn lang @ a bus stop.

so, txt S somit we cn eliminate frm a 4rum, n D 1ly ppl hu wd "suffer" r thOs avin 2 imput xtra keystrokes. hwevr, n doiN so, dey wl improv their typin skilz n literacy, wich wd Bnefit em n l8r lyf.

So, dis post, it Hs bad en, bad sp, bt S esily readable. hu wd suprt D ban of txt spk? It wd simply B wrds lk m8 n eva 4 xampl, censored W ***. it wd 1ly taK a few posts 4 ppl 2 realiz dey nd 2 typ proply, n wl Bnefit ll. Npt?

mook

Punto know it all
    Hmmm, I gave up after the first paragraph.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by xzibit
    Hmmm, I gave up after the first paragraph.

its a translation of my original post.

even where you KNOW what it says, its difficult to read

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast