Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABBOTT

Please Help Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiat punto GT
    Bought from a loon in buckie, i wont mention his name as he knows who he is............

Anyway, put car into Donald Macs as the car was missing and spluttering, engine misfire is what they said (No ****). So left it in there capable hands, a new fuel pump was needed as old one was whining like a bitch, so had to wait for it to come into stock as no dealer attached to fiat and infact Fiat themselves couldnt get me aine.
    So 5 weeks and new pump arrives, great got it fitted and new leads were also fitted along with other things.

Let me see, the bill read something like this

Check for engine misfire etc
    Renew battery. Carry out check on inj system with Fiat examiner. Unable to get into system (May be due to add on parts fitted to injection system). Renew ignition leads and check coils etc. Check fuel pressure and find to be low, renew pump and filter. Check also tappets and injectors. Find number 2 inector faulty, change injector and start test. OK.
    Check brakes, find ns/rear brake binding. Rmove caliper and strip down and fit repair kit.
    Re - assemble and refit hbrake cable, renew rear pads and bleed and adjust brakes. renew light bulbs as neccesary.

Total bill came to £1136.59

I was a bit surprised at bill but as previous owner had PROMISED when he sold me the car he would pay whatever the incurred costs were to get it running again.
    So he stumped up the bill, was chuffed, little charriot was gonna be on the road soon, so i thought.

Got car back and that very same night a slight misfire on way home, didnt think anything of it. Car run fine next day until nite time, sitting in safeway the car develops its misfire again, by the time i hit tescos on way out of inverness am on 3 cylinders...
    So i take car back to donald macs to get it rechecked free of charge, they find number 2 injector faulty and replace it, i take car out of garage and on way home, guess what, am down to 3 cylinders again, so i take car straight back and they find number 3 injector faulty, replace it again free of charge. So then i go back home from Donald Macs, just leaving Tornagrain and bang, the car sounds like a tractor, so i about turn again and doddle into Donald Macs, the very next day they tell me that the 1st and 4th injector went so i was only runnin on 2 cylinders... They replace free of charge, give me a fone to let me know the car is ok, then i go in to pick it up and as the mechanic is driving it round it goes on 3 cylinders again.
    At this point the head man tells me that they want nothing more to do with the car and that i should find somewhere else to look at the car.....
    So away i go, car running **** and still dont know what is causing it to run on 3 cylinders.
    So i take the car to garage in forres, mechanic takes a look and tell mes that
    a) the NEW fuel pump is ****ed
    b) the fuel lines were connected the wrong way round
    c) the coil pack is goosed
    d) there is a heap of **** in the tank
    e) there is no new inline filter, the cut it away and bypassed where it should be with rubber hosing

So back i go to Donald Macs, they take some responsibility and decide to give me a new coil pack, new fuel pump, new fuel filter and new fuel lines free of charge...... They also put half the labour costs back into previous owners bank account............

So here i have been waiting for new machanic to fit everything, but again as previous owner is saying he would pay for it we had to wait for him to come back offshore so we could settle payment arrangements.
    However, on Friday i popped into Donald Macs to speak to the mechanic about my punto and to see if he had my old injectors so i could take them and get them cleaned up etc.
    TO MY AMAZEMENT HE TELLS ME THE INJECTORS IN MY CAR ARE OUT OF AN ALPHA ROMEO V6, they were ones lying spare in the work shop.
    Now at least i know why the car is cutting out and missing now...... Bloody fuel is flooding the pump and engine, V6 injectors.... I TAKE IT ITS DEFFO A NEW ENGINE JOB YEAH !!!

demonfish
    so do you need some parts?

i have injectors, fuel pumps, even a full set of fuel lines. I would offer to fit it, but your a fair drive from birmingham.

in one simple phrase ....

Trading Standards

get them onto it, they have raised an invoice, it has been paid, and they havent fixed it, and admitted fitting the wrong parts... seriuosly, phone trading standards and have a chat with them

Gearbox Abuser
    mat5e sorry to say but you must have mug on your head....

£1000+ to fix a fual pump and ****......

you could get a rebuild for that..

trading standards and a petrol bomb are in order.....

Dale
    if you need a fuel pump mate I have a brand new one unused in the flat

Punto know it all
    Yep, Trading Standards.

Punto know it all
    god that is rediculous!

make sure u get everything sorted the way it should be without u havin to fork out for anything!

shocking!

Punto know it all
    Moreover, what sort of a joker sells someone a car, sold as seen, and then stumps up the money for it after he's sold it?!

Straight to trading standards asap chap.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    Moreover, what sort of a joker sells someone a car, sold as seen, and then stumps up the money for it after he's sold it?!

Straight to trading standards asap chap.
    A loon in buckie who works offshore obviously!

This donald macs sounds like a right dodgy place, who would bypass a fuel filter? You should get all the money back and it fixed for free!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT
    So i take the car to garage in forres, mechanic takes a look and tell mes that
    a) the NEW fuel pump is ****ed
    b) the fuel lines were connected the wrong way round
    c) the coil pack is goosed
    d) there is a heap of **** in the tank
    e) there is no new inline filter, the cut it away and bypassed where it should be with rubber hosing

So back i go to Donald Macs, they take some responsibility and decide to give me a new coil pack, new fuel pump, new fuel filter and new fuel lines free of charge...... They also put half the labour costs back into previous owners bank account............
    so basicly everything this ronald mcdonald gaage did they did wrong! propper bodge job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast