Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Skillz - please tell me its not true!

Breadvan Skillz
    Ok then i wont, lol

James you know how much i paid would you say it is a reasonable price?

Quote Originally Posted by Skillz GT Blue
    Ok then i wont, lol

James you know how much i paid would you say it is a reasonable price?
    Hard to say.

Lightened bottom end and balanced cost me a few hundred alone, but that was done... differently to how I believe yours will have been done.

Removing 1k from flywheel was about £60, balacing that with the crank was £45, the crank to lightened was about 100, reboring is £45, £15 for 45 chamfer on bores, planing another £20. Just to prepare the block costs about £125 to take new pistons.

What he would do was just clean everything old and refit it.

With new pistons your CR should be about 150psi+

Breadvan Skillz
    They are all above 150 ...

You can check them yourself mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Skillz GT Blue
    They are all above 150 ...

You can check them yourself mate!
    Its okay I believe you.

Punto know it all
    Skillz didnt you say yourself you were paying for extra 'goodies' but now say it was just a normal rebuild?

Garv - http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=15548

I vaguely remember the figure of £1200-£1500 been banded around as the cost of some machining? Or maybe it was the full bottom end rebuild?

Barry, I can honestly say (despite me going on at you to make sure you run it in properly) I'm gutted for you, as it seems now you have an engine that could possibly be worse than it was before it went into this place. If I were you, I'd have pulled the plug once you knew it was with a robbing, lying wanker - you had every right to, it's your car, and the way I have read it, was the job got 'subbed out' to said monkey by Track & Road. Therefore, they're liable to pick up the bill for any work done anyway, not you, if he decided to get arsey about not releasing the car until he'd been paid!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, and funnily enough, is always right. What's done is done, and the only thing you can do now is hope that he's changed his ways and you have a half decent rebuild. Still, if it dies again, at least you have a clean looking engine.

The only reason I'm even following this thread and all the previous threads about this rebuild is because people need to know who the crooks are, and what happens when one tampers with your engine.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by GarvGT
    Skillz didnt you say yourself you were paying for extra 'goodies' but now say it was just a normal rebuild?

I have had extras done Garv have you not read a thing i have written?

Does oversized pistons entail a STD rebuild?

Does lightened & balanced flywheel and bottom end entail a STD rebuild?

And a knife edged crack i spose thats STD as well?

The extra goodies was going to be a gas flowed head but i opted out due to ban reports about it.

Punto know it all
    **** stix

Barry has just left my house.

We had a look through his pics in this gallery and looked at this picture, there are a couple of others like this but have a look at the crank. There are NO machine marks on it to say its been lightened or anything.

Car is now on a special sebskillz4.1 8) and works fine 17psi.

Possible Conclusion for overfueling seb4.1 chip.

Apparantly chip was fine before rebuild, fueling fine.

After new pistons and rebore, overfueling like a bitch, 4.1 giving it lots of fuel engine cannot burn it - Solution special seb4 map.

The answer is in the previous sentance.

Rebuild.

New pistons - tight engine, new engines have to be run in and losen up as they get miles on them.

I believe Barrys new engine is tight and cannot make huge power as its still tight at the moment from being all new. As soon as it has more miles on it, it will be able to run more fuel and more power.

Simple.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast