Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Skillz - please tell me its not true!

Punto60SX
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillz GT Blue
    Great news (not)

And Debo it is the chip that causes it to not run right, as soon as i put STD chip back in the car it ran and fuelled fine.
    were you not warned beforehand ?

I must stop saying "tbh"
    its a seb chip that is the problem one normally regarded as "safe"

Seb4.1 is a 190hp+ chip for a set of listed components. If the engine cannot make 190hp then the chip will not work with the engine - simple.

Barry should have the components to make 190hp, but if the engine has been assembled by a monkey then only a miracle will help make 190hp.

Puntoboy170s engine was in a similar state after Rich built it, it just didnt make the power. Now it does after Marcus had it taken apart and rebuilt by a proper garage.

Punto know it all
    i bumped into him at my local fiat dealer, some poor kid in a totally ****ed GT was singing some guys his praises, saying he was due any minute, me and greg had a clue who he was tlaking about, then this mauve seicento pulled up, and the driver (richard) walked towards the GT kid, and was just about to enter into conversation, when he saw my old blue GT (quite recognisable) and he turned sharply and walked towards reception

GT boy shouts "whats the name of your company Rich"

to which he shouts back "i just make fast Fiats"

lol

mook

Breadvan Skillz

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Punto60SX
    were you not warned beforehand ?

Do i really need to go into detail?

The company Track N Road were doing my repairs but were doing my head in with the amount of time it was taking just to fit a head and new cam.

For a period of time my head was sent away to another company to be shimm'd up and setup.

In the process I tracked the head down to being with a guy called Richard.

I knew of his history but the car was already half being built by him anyway so where did i stand? I went to meet him and disucussed my further problems with the engine and he said he could rebuild it, I DID NOT get it rebuilt to be FAST and such, i had an almost STD rebuild done on purpose because after having so many problems i wanted an almost bullet proof engine.
    I decided on having oversized pistons, lightened and balanced flywheel and a few other basic things. I havent had forged pistons & neither did i have the gas flowed head, I had all major components replaced like belts, hoses, HT leads and such.

And TBH i wasnt expecting my car to make 190bhp on the roller with the SEB4.1, all i ever wanted was the car to work and run right and if it only made 160bhp i would of been happy. As some of you know the car would not perform due to a fueling issue which turned out to be my chip as once the STD chip was installed the car made nearly 170bhp.

I got on with Richard and never once paid him the full balance, all was paid in intervals until work agreed for that period was carried out. I kept my guard and did regular check ups on parts and on what he had done.

The rebuild did not cost silly amounts but im not going to discuss that on the forum, one my new chip is in we can all see just how well the engine has been built !!

IF IT GOES BANG, then im a cúnt and should of listened but put yourself in my place, the car was already half being built by him, And you were stuck for mechanics who were willing to rebuild your engine for you even after asking on here umpteen times.

SO lets just wait see eh !?!?!
    Last edited by Breadvan Skillz; 21st January 2005 at 20:28.

Punto know it all
    hope you have better luck with the guy [-o<

Punto Lover
    how much was it?

demonfish
    i doubt it will go bang, thats not the issue, its ripping people off, like i said that super 600m thing, 4 odd thousand, for 2 bhp.

he can build engines, whether he does what he says he does to them is another matter, i hope it all works out ok barry. the last thing i want is someone else getting ripped off.

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by matty
    how much was it?

If you really want to know Matty the PM me and i will tell YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillz GT Blue
    If you really want to know Matty the PM me and i will tell YOU.
    Then everyone will know.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast