View Poll Results: Should non-punto owners be able to be a moderators?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 57.89%
  • NO

16 42.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll about Moderators of PSC...

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by xzibit
    The only difference between members and non members is a £15 cheque. Not knowledge or anything.
    This has nothing to do with Membership

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    Yeah, I was referring to zeus' post sorry.

Punto know it all
    And since then you and JSC have moved on, so why not pass the moderating on?
    A) because we were nominated and voted for
    B) because we like doing it
    C) because we are doing a good job (according to the board of mods/admins)

Are you asking to become a mod phill or are you just curious as to why ?

Punto know it all
    it does, because only members are mods. talking of which heather you need some money

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Are you asking to become a mod phill or are you just curious as to why ?
    No way...I don't own a punto anymore!

But I think it would be good for the PSC community as a whole if ALL moderators actually owned puntos, so the forum grows and changes as members grow and move on.

Just because you and JSC wouldn't be able to moderate anymore doesn't mean you won't be able to contribute to discussions.

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    The moderators were voted on from out of all the club members in september last year. As long as they remain active members of the club (and both zeus and jsc have renewed their membership this year) and continue to use the forum on a regular basis, it was felt they were entitled to stay mods unless they said they wanted to step down (which they haven't).

Don't forget the Club is for both owners AND enthusiasts of any mark or model of Punto - this includes ex-owners.

The moderators will be probably be reviewed every 6 months, so there may be another vote mid March. If any of them step down in the meantime, they will be replaced by the person with the next highest amount of votes from the last vote.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoBaz.NE
    If they have knowledge about the punto then they will be useful for the community, so yes I think they should.
    I second that, the site moves on regardless of who mods it.

If they are good at what they do, have sound knowledge and are passionate and enthusiastic, then it, imo, doesnt really matter if they own a fiat or not.

1/4 mile at a time
    i feel that some non-punto owners have a wealth of knowledge and should remain mods, however i feel that people working their way up in the punto mod'in ranks should also be given a chance, so the 6month re-election scheme would be a gd idea and all mods should have to be entered into the new poll to see if they get re-elected.

Puntobabeuk
    I dont think it matters what they drive, if they know there stuff about Puntos and still like Puntos then wheres the problem??

I must stop saying "tbh"
    i think it should be taken at a much more frequent vote than once a year or even 6 months as people can lose interest very quickly.

i think the moderation should be up held by punto owners exclusively
    that way it will stay relatively fresh as the ownership will change along with the admin style.

it also allows people who own punto's something to aspire to (for the want of better phrasiology(sp)) ie if you become a member then you can also work up to actively contributing to the site as a member of the moderation/admin team.

it pays dividends to include people and give them a sense of acheivement or worth. if you don't things go stale and die especially if they keep getting smacked down by non punto owners.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast