Thread: website help again

Withnail

website help again

Right, I'm designing a website for a mate and I've got an odd problem. Its designed in table format which is all fine and dandy, but when viewed in internet explorer, all the text is centre justified. In Firefox, it appears as it should do, left aligned (which is how it was designed and how it appears in Dreamweaver). Any idea what's going on, web gurus?

Punto know it all
    it's probably set to use a default setting, make sure all text is formatted as you want it in dreamweaver. Instead of 'default' make sure it is set at left justified if you know what i mean!

Withnail
    Hmm, i've worked out why its doing it but it seems a bit homo...

If I align the entire table central, it aligns the text central in IE and if I align the table to the left, the text is aligned to the left. I want the table aligned centrally and the text aligned to the left. This works in dreamweaver and when viewed in Firefox, but not in IE. Is IE really that **** that it wont allow me to do this??

EDIT: Sod that, i've sorted it.

Firefox does display the page better than Ie though, seems to match the design of the site exactly...
    Last edited by Withnail; 5th January 2005 at 11:24.

Punto Lover
    Yes IE parses HTML very 'lazily' and almost guesses how a page should look, Firefox knows exactly (yet some sites still **** up in it and not in IE)