Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: something to think about

nakajima

something to think about

as i plan on keeping the VX for some time i cant help looking into the future and thinking of future transplants.

http://www.auto-teknix.co.uk/audi-conv.htm

if it goes in an Elise it may well go in the VX.

can get Honda charged plants too. imagine that JCS, honda power but in a car that handles

only kiddin

nakajima

Gearbox Abuser
    nice price tag for the Audi conversion......

**** me, id rather sell the vauxhall and buy a better car. not saing the VX aint a good car bot for all that money i know theres many cars id rather have

I think to buy a car honed for delicate handling and balance, to then just stick a missle in its arse somewhat destroys the point of it ?

Gearbox Abuser
    thats is my point.

if you want a missile that handles like a boat, then get a lotus carlton

POE8Y
    What about a straight upgrade to the turbo vx - seems to get very good write ups plus you'll probably get a good warranty.

Gearbox Abuser
    and again.....

naka, why did you buy a N/A if yoiu just wanna throw a silly big power lump in it?

why not buy the Turbo, i thought this was your plan anyway. :s

nakajima
    the Honda conversions in the Elise seem the way to go as NA power i think is more appropriate in a car like the VX. no lag at all.

the VXT are amazing and can be highly tuned but with all tuned turbo's the need for cooling and more cooling comes into it. all day on a track may not be a good idea in the summer ya know.

as far as big engine in a delicate car goes. Nitrons are coming soon and this allows for very fine suspension set up. the weight of the Honda is not much more than the 2.2 in at the mo so no change.

i plan on keeping this for a long time so no doubt will go engine transplant at some point in the future.

to upgrade to a VXT with warrenty would be in the region of 22k so depending on how much a transplant would be???? who knows.
    the Honda plant comes with a warrenty too.

just thought i'd post my interest.

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    and again.....

naka, why did you buy a N/A if yoiu just wanna throw a silly big power lump in it?

why not buy the Turbo, i thought this was your plan anyway. :s
    Why put a big engine in a little shopping trolley?

I can understand why he'd want to. I'm sure its a conversion that hasnt been attempted on many (if any) VXs... and its different. Its all too easy to by a VX turbo.

nakajima
    Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    nice price tag for the Audi conversion......

**** me, id rather sell the vauxhall and buy a better car. not saing the VX aint a good car bot for all that money i know theres many cars id rather have

i couldnt think of a better car to have as far as performance than one of the best handeling chasis made, combined with amazing suspension (Nitron) and a chioce of power plants.

all these in the mix with the looks (that i like, know its not everyones tastes)

and like i say, just a few future thoughts thats all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast