Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drove a TT 225 last night!

SleeperGT

Talking Drove a TT 225 last night!

At a firework party round a mates last night. Guy who i've never met b4 pulls up in his Audi TT Quattro Y reg black, gorgeous motor! After chatting 2 the guy 4 2 mins about cars and turbos he says "lets go out for a burn in my TT" I thought fair enough never been in one b4 lets go. I wasn't expecting him to suddenly hand me the keys and say go 4 it m8. I was like WTF!

Got into this grey leather trimmed sweet feeling TT. Switched on all the mad blue and red gauges and off we went. Such a smooth ride with no interior noise at all!
    Then we got to the dual carriageway, he just says "Go for it mate" I thought hmmmm well .... ok. Foot to the floor in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, right ill let off now we're doing 115 and it has another 2 gears . Very smooth strong power delivery and very good handling and obviously being 4wd gripped like it was glued to the road and I was very very impressed! Obviously German, built like brick sh*thouses! Oh what a night!! Sod the fireworks!

Punto Lover
    Traction control is very annoying whenever you want to play with the grip/traction in corners though...

Punto Lover
    iv driven one too and been in my mates dads car while he was drivin it, and i have to say for a turbo charged 225 bhp car, didnt impress me at all! yes they are smooth but i was quite disapointed. still look the peice tho....

I've easily kept up with the dude who has one at work... he wasnt pleased... £20odd-k on a new "fast car" only to have a dutty lil punto sittin on his arse

Altho a few pennies thrown at it and 300+bhp is definately gonna be fun

Punto know it all
    I've track driven one of these, what a let down.

Punto know it all
    £500 = 270bhp
    Supposed to be good on the twisties too - 4wd

Punto know it all
    Phill as a fairly quick daily car no doubt it's very good, good hairdressers car was the opinion I've got from it, safe, reliable, quick (not fast) and looks above all else.

As I say, I felt let down after the big build up I'd been given about this state of the art car. 4wd? It's embarrassingly front wheel drive like, understeers and you have to provoke it hard to oversteer, just safe, great for the road, **** for the track. Far too electronically controlled, although I suppose this goes for most things now, and felt very detatched from the road. Indeed, having been told by an instructor to accelerate hard and aggressively mid corner to show me just how electronically stable it was I was amused to find it braking for me and "controlling" the car.

Boring.

CTR_Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    Phill as a fairly quick daily car no doubt it's very good, good hairdressers car was the opinion I've got from it, safe, reliable, quick (not fast) and looks above all else.

As I say, I felt let down after the big build up I'd been given about this state of the art car. 4wd? It's embarrassingly front wheel drive like, understeers and you have to provoke it hard to oversteer, just safe, great for the road, **** for the track. Far too electronically controlled, although I suppose this goes for most things now, and felt very detatched from the road. Indeed, having been told by an instructor to accelerate hard and aggressively mid corner to show me just how electronically stable it was I was amused to find it braking for me and "controlling" the car.

Boring.
    To roughly echo what Jimjam said...

I went on one of those driving course thingys that they do at race circuits, went out in a Rover ZS180 to learn the track before I went in a single seater... anyway, was chatting to the bloke and he was saying the year before they used TT 225's and the Rover was definetly fast round a lap of Oulton park than the TT 225, which was in his words 'Soft and wallowed'.

They dont use pukka 4wd do they, they use FWD for most of the time and revery to RWD if the front looses grip ?

Withnail
    Oh, more of a fancy diff than anything then. Calling it 4wd is somewhat misleading...

Vibrio
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperGT
    At a firework party round a mates last night. Guy who i've never met b4 pulls up in his Audi TT Quattro Y reg black, gorgeous motor! After chatting 2 the guy 4 2 mins about cars and turbos he says "lets go out for a burn in my TT" I thought fair enough never been in one b4 lets go. I wasn't expecting him to suddenly hand me the keys and say go 4 it m8. I was like WTF!

Got into this grey leather trimmed sweet feeling TT. Switched on all the mad blue and red gauges and off we went. Such a smooth ride with no interior noise at all!
    Then we got to the dual carriageway, he just says "Go for it mate" I thought hmmmm well .... ok. Foot to the floor in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, right ill let off now we're doing 115 and it has another 2 gears . Very smooth strong power delivery and very good handling and obviously being 4wd gripped like it was glued to the road and I was very very impressed! Obviously German, built like brick sh*thouses! Oh what a night!! Sod the fireworks!

lets look at this

1/ Meets a guy for the first time
    2/ within 2 minutes your inside his audi TT

have you come out to your parents yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast