Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new car

Withnail

My new car

As some of you know, I am now the proud owner of a Mondeo ST24.

Mods include Viper induction kit, cat back exhaust and lowered -40mm. Apart from possibly some 17"s in the future, that's pretty much how it's staying.

I've had it now for about four or five weeks and absolutely love it. It is such a change from the GT in every respect. The engine note is lovely and it feels very muscular. Power delivery is lovely and smooth and you get a nice step up in power at 3200rpm when the secondary valves open. Obviously, it isnt quite as quick off the mark as a sebbed GT, but for its size it still feels quick. Top end is marvelous, though. It effortlessly powers past 100 and beyond. Handling-wise, it's competent for such a big car and feels far more at home going around corners than the GT ever did (it no longer feels like I'm floating and liable to float off into the nearest hedge at any given moment).

I miss the GT a lot and although these STs aren't to a lot of people's tastes on here, I love it to bits.

Anyway, pics:

Nice 8)

Looks tres clean! There's nowt like a v6, i must admit i kinda dig drivin the Merc while Fat Bitch is off the road

Enjoy it mate, and i hope she treats you better than the Fiat bitches ever did

Vibrio
    whats it like on fuel?

Gearbox Abuser
    pimp daddy

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrio
    whats it like on fuel?
    No way near as bad as I had been made to believe. I haven't worked out any mpg figs yet (it can average 31-32ish when driven sensibly). As a rough guide, I'm only spending about a fiver extra on fuel compared to the GT. Mind you, I am finding that V6 noise a little bit too addictive at the moment...

Cheers kas. I've been lucky with Fords in the past and its had a very common waterpump problem sorted already, so she will hopefully run on relatively headache-free
    Last edited by Withnail; 25th October 2004 at 12:37.

Punto Lover
    Looks very smart Fella...

That's quite a dramatic change from a small turbo'd hot hatch to V6 saloon?
    How comes, if you don't mind me asking??

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ_GT
    Looks very smart Fella...

That's quite a dramatic change from a small turbo'd hot hatch to V6 saloon?
    How comes, if you don't mind me asking??
    Yeah, its a huge change, but one I'm glad I made. I very nearly bought an ST before NAD came along. This particular car came out of the blue really, I happened to be looking through autotrader and it jumped out. It was only about ten minutes away from where I live and it was everything I orginally wanted - hatchback, panther black and relatively standard.

I miss the GT a lot and seeing it being driven away wasn't nice. But in all honesty, its a weight off my shoulders and I feel a lot more content now I have the ST sitting outside the house.

Dale
    Nice car mate, Must be better for the motorway cruising

Im not sure if I would have bought a lowered one though. Apart from that very nice car

Clio16v
    Gotta be slower than the GT too?

My mate bought a ST200 the other week but he got rid afetr 2 weeks and now has a Focus RS - Madness i know!

Whist he had the ST he did put 18" Superleggera's on it. They Looked mint!

XScaPE
    quite like the rims remind a bit of coupe, would look nice in anthracite

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast