Thread: not receiving text messages...

Withnail

not receiving text messages...

Since saturday night, I've not been receiving text messages. I can send them, but anyone that tries to send me one either has the message sitting there pending or it appears to be delivered but never reaches me. I've tried all the tricks, network selection, etc, but to no avail.

I'm with o2 and their customer service line is a 50p per min call. Lovely. So, before I use that as my last option, has anyone had this problem with o2 and can you remember how it was resolved?

Also, is there a cheaper/free o2 customer service number I can ring from my phone (I have an online contract)???

Punto know it all
    are you sure that's the cost? that is absolutely mindless. are you on contract? if so, then i'd be flagging that up...orange is free (not sure about PAYG).

i guess you've tried turning on/off and reseating the SIM ?

second to that, you'r going to have to call them as they can see the incomming/outgoing traffic.

Withnail
    It is disgusting, Phil, but I cant see any other number to ring when you're on an online contract. I tried the 202 number and it just gives me some silly 0906 or something number to ring.

Can anyone clear up if this is the case with online contracts?

I'll try cleaning the sim, but surely I wouldnt be able to send messages if that was at fault? I can make and receive calls too...

adz353
    other day i had problem with my sim, sorry t mobile but i could only reply to text messages,

if i sent one it woudl say deilvered but never dilevered

think u need new sim mate, shaem about cos tof call but look slike it gotaw be done

Adz

Punto Lover
    I'm on O2 & had this prob a while back. All the messages started coming through a couple of days later & its been fine since

FLiPNFiLL
    I think they put it down to 'network congestion'.

You will find that one night about 100 texts will come through, probably saying happy xmas from last yr!

They can look on their system and see if you've got any texts 'stuck in the system' and reset your phone or something.

Its worth a try.

Withnail
    Yeah, actually, thinking back, I had this ages ago too and the messages did eventually start to come through. Just seems to have been longer this time.

I think I will have to ring the ****ers. On my work phone, of course.

Punto know it all
    Speak to a guy call julian hodge he's the 02 on line manager

Withnail
    They all came flooding through last night at about 4am