Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadband provider??

soche

Broadband provider??

Im using Pipex at home but am about to get a new account at my gaff.

Who's best value / quality wise?

I looked at www.ispreview.co.uk and they have a top 10 voted by users here:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php

and i havent heard of any of these, lol

Im within Pipex 512kb at the moment, its good value for money. But im upgrading to 1MB due to be completed on the 11th, and Plus.net offered the best package with uncapped bandwidth.

Best provider depends on which speed you go for. Pipex are good, customer service is average, and the service is generally strong with little down time.

chris g
    www.v21.co.uk seem to be the cheapest i can find. £16.99/ month i think

FLiPNFiLL
    Im using Plusnet 1mb, costing £30 per month and no bandwith limit

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPNFiLL
    Im using Plusnet 1mb, costing £30 per month and no bandwith limit
    thats a good price, i currently pay about £32 a month, the 2mb is about £41 am month
    im currently using Bulldog, used to be crap but over the last few months they have got better with customer service

not too hot on braodband but i used bulldog when i lived in essex, the even tho i was using a 1mb connection i was getting damn awful connections speeds..correct me if im wrong this is called contention, BUT they have now got that sorted out, the best connection speed i have had are about 124kb/s for a 1mb

chris g
    My 2Mb costs me about £35/Month, from www.metronet.co.uk I've been with them since February and never had a minutes downtime!! Don't know what the customer service is like because I've never had to call them.

soche
    512 speed will suffice

might give v21 a bash...

Seaniboy
    have a look at these http://www.adsl4less.co.uk/

not sure what there like to be honest and u have to pay the setup fee but seem to be the ceapest uncapped ISP.

I have Pipex 1MB uncapped line.

Punto know it all
    i'm with bt. i have the 1mb @ £30.00 a month. 30gb bandwith cap and 2gb mailbox storage space.

i've been nothing but pleased with them. i *think* the contention ratio is 50-1.

Withnail
    I'm with BT and it was pretty much the worse decision I could have made. I pay £25(I think) a month plus some rediculous 'service charges' which I'm yet to sort out as I'm sure I shouldnt be paying nearly £50 a month for what is basically broadband and a phone line only used for broadband.

Not sure if its any different now, but I received 0 webspace and UN****INGBELIEVABLY NO email address. The service is pretty wack as well. Hangs and disconnects quite regularly. Money grabbing twats, dont bother with them.

I've heard nothing but good things about pipex, so definitely bare them in mind. Also, if NTL is available in your area, go for that instead. Admittedly, they have **** customer service (although that could be said of so many companies these days) but the service is incredibly good and very, very good value for money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast