Thread: ** The Debo and Demessiah Show **

Punto know it all
    wish i could be arsed to read all of this

i have, and its quite entertaining.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto know it all
    having "moved on"

i can't see the point in spending much more than a couple of grand doing up a GT. It just hurts when you finally move on

Vibrio
    I'm loving this even though I can't read Debo's reply's (which I expect are not technical but mearly abusive remarks about the other guy being a **** )

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by puntoboy
    Demessiah - i'm still curious to know, if u can build a compound charged punto, why cant u do a little 2.0ltr conversion?
    I think thats a very well raised point

Demessiah
    "How do you know how to build it? Have you read about it in a book somewhere? You're an idiot for even suggesting you know how to build it, and an idiot because you'll waste so much time and money and will have nothing to show for it. Granted, it could be done, I'm not saying it's impossible, but for less than a grand, grow up - you need lots of major customised componants, and these aren't cheap, but if/when you do your research, you'll soon realise this. With regards to your second point of your above reply, you don't know what you are talking about, there isn't another one like it to compare against, so how exactly do you know it's going to be 'no performance machine'? Penis."

1. I know how to build it.

I know it will cost less than 1k because I have all the parts already. except ecu.

No custom parts except pipework and support brackets.

2. Keep dreaming about how your gt will perform against real world perormance cars.

"Do your research, then you tell me why you can't do it. I'll give you a pointer, I mentioned it above, you need alot of custom componants. And you also have no skills or experience. Pay someone to do it, you're good at that "

Errrr... no. I have done my research. I have bought all parts. Ive put my money wher my mouth is.

I asked you to tell me why you cant do it. But you cant think of any reasons.

"You don't seem to have read what I wrote properly - I said maybe you should speak to him and give him some pointers on how to build one, since it seems you ARE an automotive God. Just out of interest, which POTR cars do you think have gone 'kaboom'? Oh, and I don't have a POTR mobile, it was built by my father."

Show me a running potr car....lol

Incidently wheres klaxon now? I heard it UPGRADED to a real motor.

"Oh, you've changed your tune... here's a particular PM you sent to GP Motorsport in June this year, whilst you were trying to decide which POTR parts to buy in an exchange of PM's with him."

I only wanted some grease monkey to fit a head for me. GP MOTORSPORTS seemed up to the job.

"I've highlighted the important parts for you and everyone else reading this thread to see. I'm sorry, but, what was that you were saying about GPM again? I can't here you? Speak up a bit... or is that some humble pie you are now eating? Funny how it's only a 'back street outfit', yet he's never had a single come back - that's probably because the job is done properly the first time round. Oh, and I'll say it again, GP Motorsport do not wish to carry out any work on anyone's car from this site. Looks like CRD were your 2nd choice"

CRD second choice? I see you havnt quoted my bit about their 1000bhp supra. Whys that?
    Ive no doubt GP MOTORSPORTS know about the punto engine enough to screw it together. Afterall they have done an unecessary amount of work to yours.

"Re: "GP MOTORSPORTS couldnt build a better car than mine. If they could they whys you dad pushing some box civic and pointlessly tuning some shopping cart engine."

I don't understand the relevance of this statement? "

What Im saying is if GP MOTORSPORT are so great then how come they cant even build a car faster than some guy on the street.

"I didn't get ass-f**ked into throwing my cash into a 'shed'. I think you have got it mixed up, it appears you are the one paying through the nostrils for something that I could have had done at a 'back street outfit' for FREE. I think this could also be another reason for your envy, you're pathetic. And what I and others really can't understand, is how come you can't do the 2.0 job at home, but you can build a compound charged engine at home... it just doesn't add up?!?"

I dont want to come across as a prick but I think this has to be said to clear up my situation.
    I wouldnt recommend anybody else to do what I did and spend a huge amount of money on a car never to see it again but... fortunatly money comes easy to me and I dont feel the pinch as much as most people.
    I waste my cash on all manner of fads, if I see somthing I want I get it no questions asked. Be it a stereo or an engine.

So I spent a load of money on my car big wow... does that make me a worse person. I not crazy either Im just lucky enough to be able to do pointless things with my cash.

This was when I knew very little about cars. My wallet was bigger than my brain so to speak. But after seeing what a great job Greg had done on his car I decided that if Im serious about cars I can go about it 2 ways.
    1. Everytime I want somthing built pay some guy to do it for me.
    2. Do what Greg did and build it myself.

It nots a question of cash. I like cars and want to build them as a hobby and at the same time I can get exactly what I want without arsing about with garages.

This answers your question aswell PUNTOBOY I should have answered earlier but I knew my explaination may make me sound like a prick

"Is it a crime for someone to modify their original engine? "

No...... but you think your engine is somthing special and are willing to knock everybody elses ideas.

I like to support everybody in whatever they do (I used to credit you for your work) but then you come out with this high and mighty DEBO IS DA MAN crap. So I thought Id speak my mind for once.

"Engage your brain before you start typing."
    Id ask you to do the same.. this whole argument started because you called me a bullshitter and yet you cant think of any reasons why other than "duh.... Its hard"

""GP Motorsport is a hobby, and have already stated in the past they wish to have no dealings with ANYONE on this site."

I always thought GP MOTORSPORT were a propper company albiet with crap customer service and sales skills, But if they are indeed just a hobby then why are you bothered about me calling then a back street outfit when by your own admission thats what they are?

"Retard. And as stated previously, what makes you think that either of us would want to 'race' you? You aren't worth the journey to the track, or wear on the engine. By the time you have built this CC'd Punto, you wont have a car to put it in because the one you think it is going in will have dissolved to nothing through years of weathering. So, were you planning on running down the track with the engine strapped to your back? Any tool can race in a straight line, take your CRD Punto to a track like Brands, Donnington, or maybe even stay closer to home, and go round Oulton Park and watch your 350bhp@the wheels Punto get torn a nice new arsehole by the likes of standard FRS' and CTR's - the GPM CTR included."

I take it you dont think a GP MOTORSPORT machine could out perform me then. Shame.... I would have liked to see what the hobbyists had come up
    with.

Gearbox Abuser
    id say i could be able to make a compound charged lump but it would be a damn sight harder than a 2ltr conversion...

Demessiah
    Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    id say i could be able to make a compound charged lump but it would be a damn sight harder than a 2ltr conversion...
    I bet you could.

But because Ive paid for one doesnt mean im talking **** like Debo says.

I honestly cant see any real dificulties, apart from actual space for the charger.

If Ive overlooked somthing that I really cant do I guess Ill find out later unless Debo can actually define a reason why I cant do it.

Im not saying I know everthing that will be involed but im going to give it a go. Infact when I start hitting little niggles this site is probably the first place im going to go to for help.

Debo saying "you know nothing , your talking ****" doesnt really sort anything out. If he could come up with some problems I might face I would love to know about them in advance.

I

Christ, Lord, Jesus, save us.

I am sooooo not reading all that on my sunday afternoon

Whats compound charging?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Whats compound charging?
    running a super charger and a turbo charger

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast