Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astra GSi

SleeperGT

Talking Astra GSi

Down my local race strip thing last night. Did a couple of runs up and down as a Nova was givin it the biggen so I gave it the biggen and showed em all up. Just poodled back up to go home and saw lights flashing me up behind so I pull up and this guy comes along side me in this white Astra GSi. Think it was an M Reg not the turbo one the weird rounded shape.

Anyway he shouts across "wanna race boy?? "I thought shall I.......hmm....ok sod it! So I turn around and him and his m8 r sittin there looking over my car. He shouts yeah so wat horse power u got m8?" I say "About 150 (coz to be honest I havent got a clue)" He says "yea same as bruv its all standard" im sittin there thinking hold on I can hear an induction roar and u have a massive exhaust?

So his m8 does the count down and we both launch. First off he got ahead due to poxy lag then I chucked her into 2nd and off she went! I roared past him and continued to do so up to around 3 car lengths then backed off.

He goes "that fing dont ang about does it m8" and I just smiled gave it a dump and went off in glory. Bare in mind all his mates are parked up and watching me whoop him!

Ah ok my GT has problems but still chalked up another victory!

Punto 1 - 0 Astra

lozzy
    Well palyed =D> and thats comming from a vauxhall owner

SleeperGT
    Cheers fella, I didnt think I was going to beat him personally but?? Didnt do 2 bad!

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Seb2 | De-Cat | Scorpion S/S | K&N | DV26 | Bleed | JBL | 160bhp @ 1.2bar

lozzy
    these puntos are quite qucik i under estimated them!!

Good work mate 8)

I had some prick in the same type of GSi, but courtney conversion in the thing, wanting to race for log books, told him to fukk right off... i kno when i'm gonna lose!!

i cant wait until i get into this kinda situation with my new engine.

at the moment, everyman and his dog wants to race me and i just have to bow down and let them past

always get dicks in nova's trying it aswell, everything can piss on my car

hopefully all will change soon.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

lozzy
    im in the same situation mate

SleeperGT

Talking

Ah it was good fun, my m8 was watching near his m8s and he told me when i was about to start the race they were sayin "Dans gonna kill that sh*tty punto", well erm I guess not lads! After the race he heard em say "**** that thing moves!" Haha! Love it!

1999GT3
    Good man Dave, I told you your car was **** hot! :-)

SleeperGT

Talking

Yeah **** hot gonna catch alight if I dont sort the dam oil light problem out! But it still goes on demand! Havent spoken 2 u 4 a bit m8, thought ud disappeared!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast