Thread: limewire

chris-punto1

limewire

anyone found that when running limewire, your computer slows down loads? im running xp home edition and its got plenty of memory, any advice?

DaveGT
    have the same problem its a pain in the arse usually download only a couple of tracks at a time then close limewire,Not so bad then

chris-punto1
    yer its doing my head in! much better than kazaa though just a pain in the arse!

Punto know it all
    make sure you have 0 files shared (shown bottom left).

Withnail

Re: limewire

Quote Originally Posted by chris-punto1
    anyone found that when running limewire, your computer slows down loads? im running xp home edition and its got plenty of memory, any advice?
    What is your spec, just out of interest?

Its a poorly written piece of software, like Grabit, for example. Way too memory hungry.

chris-punto1
    errm if i remember rightly its 2ghz pentium 4, 40gig hd, and about 512 ram. ive got hold of the pro version now and that seems to have speeded things up now, but still not great.

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-punto1
    errm if i remember rightly its 2ghz pentium 4, 40gig hd, and about 512 ram. ive got hold of the pro version now and that seems to have speeded things up now, but still not great.
    Annoying, isnt it. Tbh, I'm surprised you have speed issues with 512mb of ram, but that just serves to prove it really is a fairly crap bit of resource-sapping software.

shame, cause its fantastic at finding what you want.