Thread: Fiat Bravo HGT 155, Anyone had a race with one?

FLiPNFiLL

Fiat Bravo HGT 155, Anyone had a race with one?

Can they be tuned well?

I read they can be chipped from 155bhp to 173bhp...

Perhaps with filter & exhaust you'd see 180bhp?

Are they heavy cars though? The 20V Engine sounds sweet I bet...

I must stop saying "tbh"
    raced one beat one to 135 from lakeside to the m11

yeah i had a race with one for about 10 miles af dual carrage way and round abouts! my gt is standard so i didnt beat him but i gave him a run for his money! i didnt expect to be beaten! what engine is in them?
    simon

Dale
    2.0 20v no turbo

nicthegreek
    What's the difference between the earlier 147bhp hgts and the 155bhp ones?

Punto Lover
    I had a 155 HGT Bravo, anyone should be able to beat these 0-60, they're actually not that fast for 2.0 20v twin cam, quite heavy cars. But top end and the 2 litre will piss all over our 1.4 GT's. Punto 1.8 HGT might compare better top end

I sold my HGT 2 years ago, and got the PGT just because it had better acceleration 0-60. I would say that if yer looking for a comfortable, relatively rapid car, with most of the mod-cons, nows the time to get a HGT, I've seen low mileage T / V reg models for £2.5K, a lot of car for the money.

SleeperGT
    Raced one on the dual carriageway, crept past but still got past, although it was fit young lass driving it! Had to oogle why i overtook!

nicthegreek
    Quote Originally Posted by circolo
    I sold my HGT 2 years ago, and got the PGT just because it had better acceleration 0-60. I would say that if yer looking for a comfortable, relatively rapid car, with most of the mod-cons, nows the time to get a HGT, I've seen low mileage T / V reg models for £2.5K, a lot of car for the money.
    I'm looking for one because i drove my brothers 1.8hlx and it was far superior on pretty much every count apart from speed - they are p!ss slow for a 1.8.

The hgt's are going for silly money now on autorader. The only downsides i can see is the tax and possibly fuel consumption?

Punto know it all
    i'll be doing a Bravo 20VT in a few months, thats the engine the bravo should of come with!