Thread: Any other reptile keepers

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar

Any other reptile keepers

So completely off cars......

I recently acquired two female leopard geckos, 3 yrs old. The came in a very basic 2' vivarium, which after doing some reading does isn't really a suitable habitat and was set up all wrong for their needs.

So I I set out to build a new twin layer vivarium in a book case that I had, bought all the bits required to make a nice home, barring getting the glass cut. Then in my local pets at home they were closing this weekend for a refit and clearing display stock, so ended up buying a 4' vivarium at half price......worked out nearly what would cost for the glass on previous project lol. Just ment now had to find space for it

Anyway, I set it all up Saturday, let the temperatures settle and moved the geckos in yesterday.....They seem happy in there new home and I'm well chuffed with how it turned out. Seeing them now in this large space, I'd never dream of keeping them in a small viv again. Anyway. ......

Day lights on timer for 14hrs

Moonlight on timer for 10hrs

My mate has a load of reptiles. He's had snakes a while, and now he's got a gecko, lizards and a few others.

Punto know it all
    I could probably deal with these in my house, but I'd hate to share a roof with a snake!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Yeah the misses hates the idea of a snake,, these are cool

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    they look awesome mate.

I love your setup, Todd. That must have been expensive but it's certainly worth it. My brother kept a snake for a while, but he gave it to a friend of his that also kept them after he had to move to Europe for work.